Large Snoopy 'D' patch, Air Force 'D' flight maybe

Siamundo

This one has me stumped, and there is not a lot to go on. I was guessing it might be a "D" Flight patch from some Air Force Squadron, but that's about as far as I have gotten. Patch is rather large-about 6.5" high and 5.5" wide. Not sure where it was made. There is a small 5 written on the back in pencil. Thanks for any help.

post-2744-0-74766700-1540737409_thumb.jpg

Looks German made, but I have not seen this one before. I would also guess USAF. It also looks like there are more numbers there, possible 526? There was a 526 FIS in USAFE, and the FIS units there were big on using large flight patches.

Randy

Hi Randy. Boy, with that last picture you nailed it! I had wondered if the patch might be German made but I was hesitant to state that it was. I looked more closely at the number 5 on the back with a pair of readers but I I am not positive if there are other numbers or not-or if there, I cannot make them out. Thank you for ID'ing this one :)

I have seen them for all 4 flights. I only have this one so far, for C flight. Big sucker; I think they were used as back patches on the jacket. German hand made.

Randy

post-8832-0-20535700-1540893421_thumb.jpg