A few flight helmets

phantomfixer

Whats the intel on the 55P setup for the JHMCS? Looks like the regular 55P might have been setup for airlift at one time, looks like it has the holes in the shell for the boom mic mount.

Good eye Mohawk...the upper 55p is an old airlift with the boom mic removed...the lower is not a 55p...but an early JHMCS helmet ...demilled....with combat edge mask,bladder, earphones only

I thought the JHMCS helmets are a 55/P but a special version and I think has a slightly different designation like 55A/P or something like that. Saw a brand new one for sale not long ago in Japan I think of all places. Had the special tunnel at the lower rear for the JHMCS harness. What exactly is demilled about this one you have? Did they remove that wiring harness from it? Other than that looks to have all the stuff to accept the visor and module. Saw some visors not too long ago on ebay too for them both new and used.

The 55Ps the Army used in the Mohawk in the last years of service were of the airlift type setup using masks and booms. I can see yours isn't too old being the newer lightweight 55P with the integrated chin and nape strap setup. I wonder if it was a C-5 or 17 setup helmet. The 17s use high impedance mics on the boom and in the masks.

It had a standard 87 microphone so most likely a C5 helmet?...

The JH/55 is the earcups/receivers and the wiring for the mask...I am not up to speed on the internals of the JH/55..but there is a square hole located in the forehead area...nothing in it...just a black frame..no visor..no wiring..

On a footnote...my last tdy to Turkey..we serviced the C17...David Clark makes a dual impedance headset...could sign them out..but couldnt get one....the squadron did have a box of broken dual impedance headsets...so...They let me convert my old black DCs to dual...still have em..