My Helmet Collection

RememberThe5thESB

RememberThe5thESB

I thought I'd go ahead and share the helmets I have displayed, this is my entire collection of helmets except for 3 that I have no room for. (All of these range from WW1 to Grenada. And there is one foreign helmet I have with the WW1 Shelf.)

From the bottom I have 1 Doughboy shell, and Stahlhelm.

In the middle shelf I have 2 fixed bail McCords, (far left and right.) In the center is a near mint late war Schlueter.

On the top shelf I have a refurbished (there was no paint on it when purchased) swivel bail front seam McCord, the middle helmet is the same, but after removing an overlay of gold paint I found the remnants of a follow me bar on the back, on the far right is an originally fixed bail turned swivel bail McCord that is a Vietnam refurb.

On the top of the entire shelf from left to right is a Grenada era M1 with an 80s setup, the next two are both 50s produced McCords with innertube helmet bands.

While it isnt much, it's been a trek of over 7 years of getting these helmets. And for being a younger collector (15) I'm pretty proud to have amounted some fine pieces as these.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Great collection and great that you're starting young. When your old and people are paying thousands for helmets you'll be able to say you got this one or that one for $75., $100. or whatever.

Nicely displayed collection! its good to see young blood in this hobby, and know that there are still some kids out there with a good head on their shoulders.

Burning Hazard

Awesome collection! at 15, I only had a couple beat up fixed bails from a local surplus shop, so yours is very impressive!

Pat

RememberThe5thESB

Nice collection!  Do you collect other militaria as well?

I do, we were currently in the process of moving and most of my uniform pieces etc have been packed up in crates. Everything US from WW1 to Vietnam. And anything WW2 or WW1-WW2 German if it's a really good deal!

RememberThe5thESB

Also I appreciate all of the opinions on the display! Hopefully it'll expand a bit more!