1953 KIA Purple Heart grouping

gijoeou812

I was fortunate to be able to kick up this wonderful little group at a local auction.

With my limited knowledge and resources I have been able to find that US Army PFC Jewell R. Fisher was born 1931 and was from Vanderburge county in Southern Indiana. And that he was KIA on March 17th, 1953 at the age of 22.

In the group was his named purple heart in it's original shipping box, Sterling CIB, United Nations Korean War medal, his mother's Gold Star mother's pin, two Korean War ribbon bars, Good conduct medal, two rings one of which looks to be hand made, and a training pamphlet "Personal Conduct of the Soldier".

I am not sure if these are related to PFC Fisher or not, but they were in the group of items and the include, 2 WW2 War Ration books, a Corporals shoulder rank, and a 11th Airborne Division shoulder patch.

It is a great little group but it needs a lot more research done on it. If anyone can help with that it would be very much appreciated.

More photos to come.

post-14247-0-76160800-1540410838_thumb.jpg

post-14247-0-33717900-1540411097.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks all for the comments!

It is always and honor to own, display and preserve a group like this that may have been parted out or discarded.

Thank you and rest in peace PFC Jewell R. Fisher.