Arisaka in GI Shipping Crate (5th Cavalry)

chils123

A contact I made last year payed off today, when he hooked me up with another crated Type 99. That makes 8 crated bring back sets now, and I'm pretty happy with this one.The rifle itself is a very late 6th series Nagoya Type 99.
The crate was shipped from a Lt. Quindley S. McClellan to his nephew in Brooklyn. The gentleman that sold me this said the nephew was bed ridden at the time, and the GI sent him this rifle as a souvenir to cheer him up. Based on the APO and the capture papers on the box, his unit would have been in Yokohoma at the time this was sent. The GI graduated OCS in early 1943, and based on some other information I found he may have been wounded in the Philippines.
Overall it's another nice set that I'm happy to own!
IMG-3829.jpg
IMG-3830.jpg
IMG-3831.jpg
IMG-3832.jpg
IMG-3833.jpg
IMG-3840.jpg
IMG-3841.jpg
Untitled1.png
WWII-Mc-Clellan-Quindley-S.jpg

Eight crated rifles! WOW! Guess that makes you the No. 1 Collector of Crated Rifles! Nice find.......Congrats! bobgee

Thanks for the comments everyone.

As for how I display these, unfortunately some have to be stacked on top of the more durable examples for the moment, as the display room isn't big enough to house them all fully displayed. It's really the only downside to collecting these sets.