President Trump’s Visit - MV-22 Osprey

Catfishcraig

President Trump is speaking at what used to be Williams AF base about two blocks from my home this evening. Two massive helicopters with side by side propellers just flew what seemed like 100 feet over my house. They were so impressive as they shook the ground when they flew over. What were they? Didnt look like Marine One. Could they have been the Osprey?

Thats them. The tips of the propellers had green lights that made them light up the sky. I cannot express how IMPRESSIVE these two aircraft were.

Thanks!

Thats them. The tips of the propellers had green lights that made them light up the sky. I cannot express how IMPRESSIVE these two aircraft were.

Thanks!

Looks like something out of Dick Tracy or Buck Rodgers :D

Lets say I was part of an opposing force and just one of tases was flying overhead. I would....well lets say I would need to change my shorts.

Salvage Sailor

I've been watching the Osprey's for two years now since VMM-268 was stood up at MCBH Kaneohe Bay which is literally right across the bay from my house. In July VMM-363, MAG-24, 1st MAW was permanently assigned to K-Bay and now we have a flock of them orbiting the Bay at all hours in horizontal and vertical flight. Two squadrons of Osprey's, a squadron of Cobra attack and huey choppers, and the USN Skinny Dragons Patrol squadron plus supporting aircraft are now using the field.

Photos USMC K-BAY

Environmental Impact Statement for the Basing of MV-22 and H-1 Aircraft in Support of III Marine Expeditionary Force Elements in Hawai'i https://www.mcbhawaii.marines.mil/Resources/Featured-Information/MV22/

MV-22B KBAY 001.jpg

MV-22B KBAY 002.jpg

MV-22B KBAY 003.jpg