M1907 hat, is this a reproduction?

I have a question about a M1907 hat made by the Phila. Depot. I purchased a few years ago. When I purchased it the seller did not provide pictures of the inside and I was surprised to find that the lining is blue and the tag is different with only a size and "winter hat", and I have not been able to find a similar example online particularly since examples online seem to frequently be excluding pictures of the lining. The rest of the hat seems legitimate and shows some age. Is this a reproduction or real WW1 M1907? Any help authenticating or identifying this hat would be appreciated. Thank you.

post-193671-0-80237300-1539977719.png

post-193671-0-98772900-1539977728.png

post-193671-0-42480100-1539977738.png

donation2019.gif

Your hat is good and in that condition it's very collectable!

The lining on the pre WW I Winter Field Caps were made from obsolete/surplus blue wool clothing and blankets that were left over from the Spanish American War. This was done by the Quartermaster Corps in order to help get rid of the massive amounts of blue wool garments that were still on hand when the new OD uniforms began to be issued army-wide around 1906.

Your hat is good and in that condition it's very collectable!

The lining on the pre WW I Winter Field Caps were made from obsolete/surplus blue wool clothing and blankets that were left over from the Spanish American War. This was done by the Quartermaster Corps in order to help get rid of the massive amounts of blue wool garments that were still on hand when the new OD uniforms began to be issued army-wide around 1906.

Thank you very much for the reply world war 1 nerd, and perticually for the explanation. For some reason I find that really intresting that the lining was made from now obsolete clothing supplies, I guess its a good example of a low budget pre-war army trying to make the most out of what they had. I had stopped displaying it a while ago because I wasn't sure about it's authenticity and had considered selling it but I'm glad I checked on here first. It would have been a shame to have sold a potentially nice display piece for probably less then whatever it's worth because I didn't know what it was.

I also didn't know that "hat" and "cap" were not interchangeable although I guess I should have called it that because of the label. Learn something new everyday.

donation2019.gif

Agreed, a fine example too.

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif