Salty named WW2 USMC helmet and jungle liner

ArchangelDM

Got offered this set and thought I would show it here,

Fantastic first pattern with the button holes on a swivel bail front seam. The cover has seen a ton of sun and action, the whole jungle side is bleached and filthy making this one of my most heavily used looking camo covers so far.

On the inside its marked up

MT- H30

Now Ive heard the term H21 etc used in the pacific when One of the marines asked about his friend in H21. He then finds out he was killed.

I would guess it could mean headquarters company, any ideas on this would be great.

Whats killer about this set is the jungle liner thats also marked MT then the numbers 327 have been blacked out and Hase written underneath.

Never seen or had a matching set with jungle liner, and the colours are strong.

The cover has never been removed and Ive chosen not to move it, its also fitted on the slant which adds to its combat character.

Enjoy the pics and help with the MT and H 30 meanings would be great if anyone knows.

Enjoy

- Dean

An amazing helmet with just the right amount of salt. I agree that liner is beautiful. Is it a first model or second? I would like to see the inside of the liner. Nice pictures. You did very well.

Marty

Nice one Dean!

An amazing helmet with just the right amount of salt. I agree that liner is beautiful. Is it a first model or second? I would like to see the inside of the liner. Nice pictures. You did very well.

Marty

Thanks Gentleman

Appreciate the kind comments, it’s salty for sure.

- Dean

Marty

Marty Ill get you some pics when I finish work tonight mate

Very nice Arch! I also want to know what H-3 means... I have a USMC helmet with a liner in it with a Last name then H-3...

VR

Peg6

Very nice Arch! I also want to know what H-3 means... I have a USMC helmet with a liner in it with a Last name then H-3...

VR

Peg6

Thanks VR

Seems our guys could have been in the same outfit,

Im sure someone here will chime In.

Feel free to drop a pic in

- Dean

Congrats on a very nice set. Ive never seen a matching Marine set with a camo liner, very cool. Funny that with the cover on at a slant its harder to make out the slits one side vers the other side.

Craig