LAPD museum Eagle Rock

kammo-man

Posted Image

Here is a great sign that I would love to have in my kitchen!!!

As Bob already stated it’s a great hidden gem in Los Angeles and well worth the visit.

It’s a small place and shows what can be done with class that honors all policemen

Enjoy

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chief Gates formed LAPD's SWAT team, the first in the world, following the shootout w/ the Black Panthers in 1969, A couple officers were wounded, two Panthers were smoked during a 5 hr standoff.

f634c4e4264648749ef596db9a9a602d.jpg
Nam tropical uniform SWAT
I wAs training with these guys once and they gave me their diamond shaped badge
It was cool to see it in a museum

The 41 refers to 41st St, where the Black Panther shootout occurred; 54 refers to 54th St, where the SLA shootout occurred.

7f565b6af488e61f8f3459e483612f4e.jpg

Great photos! I’ll have to visit this museum next time I’m in LA. The North Hollywood robbery exhibits are of particular interest as I did some of my tactical flight officer training with the LAPD in February 1998 and flew with Officer Chuck Perriguey and Darren Blount who were flying the primary air unit helicopter over the robbery and shootout as it was happening. Their story of it was both terrifying and incredible to hear. They flew me over the location and showed me where it all occurred. They took fire during the incident but were able to gain altitude and just use the incredible high powered camera to observe the movements of the suspects and relayed it to the ground troops.

It was both a pleasure and an honour to fly and train with the LAPD.

Can’t wait to see this museum!

Chief Gates formed LAPD's SWAT team, the first in the world, following the shootout w/ the Black Panthers in 1969, A couple officers were wounded, two Panthers were smoked during a 5 hr standoff.

The lozenge shaped patch is for the LA County Sheriff's Dept (LASD) and the SEB is their Specal Enforcement Bureau (where their SWAT team works out of, similar to LAPD Metropolitan - Metro - Division where SWAT is assigned - D Team ).

I just know there are those members who collect police/sheriff patches.

Here is Parker's WW II uniform as an Army capt. The ribbon rack is the same. He authorized the wear of military ribbons for LAPD officers for certain formal occasions.

post-622-0-05522300-1539897428_thumb.jpg