GUESS WHO THE NEXT HELMET FAKER IS ON THIS FORUM?

stealthytyler

On a positive note. I think the Moderators, and Admin did a fantastic job of dealing swiftly and appropriately with the situation.

-Adrian

On a positive note. I think the Moderators, and Admin did a fantastic job of dealing swiftly and appropriately with the situation.

-Adrian

We've been busting fakers & thieves for 12 years (as of Oct 26) and even with almost 24 thousand members and 2 million posts, I can assure you we are as diligent now as we were when we had 300 members.

-Adrian

I second that!

Not surprised, the faker has now made his Instagram account private. Im sure he got quite a few unwelcoming messages

I called him out on Instagram and warned others to not trust him. I looked this morning and he blocked me. Embarrassing.

airborneguy44

Lol and he just changed his user name on there too. Would be a shame if I few people were to report him on there

I just looked him up. Now he goes by the name u.s_steel

I am probably slightly warped but I really enjoy these posts and relish reading about these guys!

I can be somewhat naïve when it comes to fakers and thieves so it's helpful for me to read the detailed activities of these guys who try so hard to cheat people out of their money.

This site does not back down from publicly posting pertinent details about banned members who have treated other members poorly. This service is GREATLY appreciated by members like me.

Thank you and keep it up!

Kim

USMC-RECON0321

There are more than painted helmets being faked. There are identities, non-museums, .org abuse, and worse. Some people will justfy almost anything for personal gain with little to no consideration for the impact they have on collectors, the hobby, and the veterans they take advantage of.

It's the so called preservers of history representing themselves as honoring and preserving our veterans contributions to get deal or a donation for their "Museum" that really bother me.

If you are a collector, own it, and be open with sellers about what your passion is and why; represent the truth about who and what your true intentions are. It's painting a fake reality in mind of the seller/donator when you misrepresent yourself as museum, a preservation expert, curator, etc...

A misrepresented "faked" helmet is unacceptable no doubt, this guy and any others participating should be banned and prosecuted if possible. Faked personas, credentials, status, and misleading messages are no less a crime.

In all fareness, I love a good deal, I work hard for my money and don't like to give it away. I buy, sell, and trade and offer my intentions up freely. Admittedly I buy a lot more than I sell or trade, but I don't buy or asked for donations under ant false pretense; I'm a collector and proud to be a collector.

I also don't like to be made a fool of by fakers, whether they are selling painted helmets or painted realities, but I have been fooled by both.

Glad you brought this up. I agree 100% and have seen it first hand with my Grandfather who was 101st AB WWII. He would get weekly letters and calls asking for any donation he could provide, Patches, jump wings, documents, pictures, uniform parts etc... It was mainly two consistent reasons given; "Museums and "Educators"

Long ago, I was selling a few basic WWII military items in a garage sale we were having and a guy claiming to be a History Teacher said he didn't have much money but would like to give me what he had for the items so he could use them in his class. I liked the idea of the "Teacher" getting his young class interested in military history, so I basically gave it all to him. By the end of that weekend I found the items all posted on eBay! Lesson learned.

Glad you brought this up. I agree 100% and have seen it first hand with my Grandfather who was 101st AB WWII. He would get weekly letters and calls asking for any donation he could provide, Patches, jump wings, documents, pictures, uniform parts etc... It was mainly two consistent reasons given; "Museums and "Educators"

Long ago, I was selling a few basic WWII military items in a garage sale we were having and a guy claiming to be a History Teacher said he didn't have much money but would like to give me what he had for the items so he could use them in his class. I liked the idea of the "Teacher" getting his young class interested in military history, so I basically gave it all to him. By the end of that weekend I found the items all posted on eBay! Lesson learned.

I'm a middle school history teacher, and a collector. I've never once asked for a donation or discount on a item I've been interested in. I say this because I think it's a bogus excuse. Also, a valuable and original 101st Airborne uniform, or a KIA medals are not required in a classroom to teach children the significance, and sacrifice that so many gave in WW2. When I teach about the Civil War I have my students make a Civil War era journal. I assign them different soldiers and nurses from the war. I don't have a original confederate sword to show them, (and I don't need to have one.) but I do have some cheap reproduction forage caps that work just as well.

In short, I've been contacted on eBay by these people asking for a handout too, and I kindly reply that I'm a teacher too.

-Adrian

post-158668-0-32510600-1539878054.jpg

USMC-RECON0321

I'm a middle school history teacher, and a collector. I've never once asked for a donation or discount on a item I've been interested in. I say this because I think it's a bogus excuse. Also, a valuable and original 101st Airborne uniform, or a KIA medals are not required in a classroom to teach children the significance, and sacrifice that so many gave in WW2. When I teach about the Civil War I have my students make a Civil War era journal. I assign them different soldiers and nurses from the war. I don't have a original confederate sword to show them, (and I don't need to have one.) but I do have some cheap reproduction forage caps that work just as well.

In short, I've been contacted on eBay by these people asking for a handout too, and I kindly reply that I'm a teacher too.

-Adrian

attachicon.gifresized_IMG_3080.jpg

I should've been more clear in my post, but my guess is that most of these people claiming to be either teachers or curators for museums (personal museums) are not such people, but use that as a way to score!

We could probably also include some of the "The Hotel Buys" that come to a town near you. I would love to send in Granny with a rare item and record the conversation and offer. LOL

But not to be all negative, I want to add I've met a heck of a lot more collectors over the years that are as honest as they come and more than willing to help out anyone who asks. Make great offers when buying and give accurate knowledgeable appraisals!

My father was a school teacher in Belfast in the 1970s

The only hand out he ever asked for was his pupils to beat them with a leather strap.

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only hand out he ever asked for was his pupils to beat them with a leather strap.

Owen

I bet your hand looked like a red fireball and felt the same...

My school was beside his.

We all got strapped daily

It became a sport.

The good old days.

Now kids go to crying rooms to hug teddy bears.

If I had 10 dollars for every piece of fake military I bought growing up I would not have to do the 2 dollar lottery tomorrow.

Owen

BILL THE PATCH

Owen

The good ole days, there gone forever

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My school was beside his.

We all got strapped daily

It became a sport.

The good old days.

Now kids go to crying rooms to hug teddy bears.

If I had 10 dollars for every piece of fake military I bought growing up I would not have to do the 2 dollar lottery tomorrow.

Owen

I got beat about everyday in School...habits and hard heads are tough to break...we would get some serious beatings...so actually...Ireland is not much different than America with one exception...we can beat the English :)

It's everywhere that's for sure. The book of faces is another stomping ground for those looking for "Donations" it's usually after you share a helmet or whatever.

They'll comment if you want to donate parts or all of it to their efforts of building a helmet for whoever. I've never bought into that. Usually the mods/admins of the groups nip those comments or posts reallllll quick in the bud.

Same sort of thing happened to me, father said he was getting his son into collecting. I bought into it, gave the ww2 gear to him at a steal, kept pushing me to show helmets (I told him I wasn't selling any from the very beginning) I gave in and showed just one, hes like "you're sure, you're sure you dont want to sell any" no dude I'm good, thanks. Started getting hissy, pushy about it. Conversation over take your loot and leave.

2 weeks later majority of what I sold him was on craigslist at double the price. That bothered me for a while.

I got beat about everyday in School...habits and hard heads are tough to break...we would get some serious beatings...so actually...Ireland is not much different than America with one exception...we can beat the English :)

That’s below the belt !

I am issuing you an infraction and 15 day time out.

Thats below the belt !

I am issuing you an infraction and 15 day time out.

:) :)

BILL THE PATCH

I had nuns in grammar school, I caught plenty of beatings. And I deserved everyone of them. Ask patches (forum member) actually my father told the principal , if he gets out of line do what you have to. I was sitting right there when he said it. Thanks Dad.

Man, I'm a teacher and might as well have a private museum.... I've paid way too much apparently...

Only time I say I teach is when I ask for the most likely deceased vet's name so's I don't look like a creep...

I had nuns in grammar school, I caught plenty of beatings. And I deserved everyone of them. Ask patches (forum member) actually my father told the principal , if he gets out of line do what you have to. I was sitting right there when he said it. Thanks Dad.

I remember when you and me had to report to the convent after school by Sr Mary Ash cause we did something, like maybe throwing stuff around when she left the class room, we were told by one of the others nun's to wait in the Piano room, she'll be Right in LOL,, Ash walks in and grabs you and throws, flings, you right across the room, I was like stunned she did that LOL.