GUESS WHO THE NEXT HELMET FAKER IS ON THIS FORUM?

stealthytyler

Well reading this warning thread about red cross guy........one thing comes to mind.

He was snared quickly before massive amounts of damage was done.

Good eye to original spotter.

Good on the mods for acting quickly.

owen

Strong second to this comment ^

SAD TO SAY THE ENTIRE COLLECTING FIELD HAS BEEN POISONED. THIS IS WHY THANKS TO GUYS LIKE THIS ADMITTED FRAUDSTER THERE ARE DOUBTS, MANY DOUBTS WHEN INTERESTED IN AN ITEM. IN MANY CASES ONE HAS TO ASK "IS THIS HELMET GOOD??? ARE THESE WINGS GOOD??? IS THIS IKE REAL OR MADE UP??? ITS A DAMN SHAME HOW PEOPLE BUY WITH GOOD INTENT ONLY TO FIND OUT DOWN THE ROAD THEY HAVE BEEN HAD AND SCREWED OUT OF GOOD MONEY.

THING IS THIS-------------- YOU USE THE INTERNET FOR FRAUD AND GREED IT IS A CRIME AND CAN BE REPORTED TO THE FEDS. SO THIS GUY LIKE THE OTHERS HE MENTIONED CAN BE INVESTIGATED AND CATCH HELL IF SOME ONE WANTED TO MAKE A BIG DEAL ABOUT IT. A LAME EXCUSE--- I WAS TREATED BADLY SO I MADE A PISS POT TO GET EVEN.

He has been scamming people/playing the con artist since 2012, he was banned from War Relics for painting officer bars on a lid.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1-steel-helmet-forum/what-do-you-guys-think-my-new-ww2-helmet-222217/

If you go thru this thread you'll see member "NickD" attached two links to his comment (second comment on the thread) The second link is of the helmet before the 0-3 bars were applied.

6 years now? Plenty of time to hone some fakers skills.

Nice find, I hang out on the WRF and did not realize he had been a member there at one time.

Marty

Another reason why this guy never learns. This is a screenshot of his Instagram account @allied_steel calling out another forum member's Instagram account, saying HE is a faker and dishonest guy. What a mess

post-163344-0-06607000-1539653435_thumb.jpg

He has been scamming people/playing the con artist since 2012, he was banned from War Relics for painting officer bars on a lid.

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/us-m1-steel-helmet-forum/what-do-you-guys-think-my-new-ww2-helmet-222217/

If you go thru this thread you'll see member "NickD" attached two links to his comment (second comment on the thread) The second link is of the helmet before the 0-3 bars were applied.

6 years now? Plenty of time to hone some fakers skills.

What I see is a topic commented on by a couple of guys who are/were members here 6 years ago, who neglected to warn anyone here about it...real heartwarming stuff

So now buying painted USGI helmets has seemingly become as dicey as buying TR stuff has been for decades? Crikey, collecting can sure be a cutthroat hobby.

Terry

airborneguy44

Another reason why this guy never learns. This is a screenshot of his Instagram account @allied_steel calling out another forum member's Instagram account, saying HE is a faker and dishonest guy. What a mess

IMG_6662.jpg

Not only is he calling other collectors items fake, but he is personally attacking them as shown here. Calling another collector fruity has nothing to do with him being called out for faking items. Really goes to the type of guy he is....

This guy has always come off as passive aggressive in a lot of his posts! I am not in the least bit surprised! I think this just further stresses the point if its a Helmet, Medal Group, Grouping, 3rd Reich or basically militaria as a whole we as collectors need to take a step back and look at it! Could this be faked, what are the origins etc! WW1 and WW2 are slipping further into the past, fakers and people who mess with items have been around for decades and will continue to thrive, as long as there in demand people will fake them it is like most other collecting fields! Good job on Tyler for catching this guy! As much as I would like to think that he is lying about other fakers among us after recent events here I feel it not only is possible but it most likely 100% true! While I dont collect helmets like the ones recently in question I feel there is a dangerous precedent set by these thing for the whole collecting world! I think as collectors though we also can't make this into a man hunt and implicate innocent or unknowing people! Know what you collect and educate yourself that is the best protection from things like this!

Not only is he calling other collectors items fake, but he is personally attacking them as shown here. Calling another collector fruity has nothing to do with him being called out for faking items. Really goes to the type of guy he is....

Nothing but desperation tatics,tantrums and a lashing out typical of a little boy in wet diapers....

I've only been collecting for a few years now. My father has collected for a long long time. He has been on the receiving end of fake items more than once, and I am sure a lot of you have as well. I've been lucky enough to dodge that bullet so far. I think it is great he has been banned from the forum, and also appreciate al the information everyone has posted here. My father often gives me advice as to what to stay away from, and I also learn here on the forum. So, once again, thanks for the info and its a great learning tool!

That's my account that he called out, he posted that about 5 minutes after I posted a picture of his instagram page with a warning to other collectors that he has been exposed for the fake helmet. He then sent me a message about how "He got in the wrong crowd on the forum" and "He has no interest in faking helmets".

It's quite a shame he ruined a helmet and acted the way he did, it definitely does show what kind of guy he is. I'm just glad he got caught before he had the chance to even rip someone off.

-Steven

That's my account that he called out, he posted that about 5 minutes after I posted a picture of his instagram page with a warning to other collectors that he has been exposed for the fake helmet. He then sent me a message about how "He got in the wrong crowd on the forum" and "He has no interest in faking helmets".

It's quite a shame he ruined a helmet and acted the way he did, it definitely does show what kind of guy he is. I'm just glad he got caught before he had the chance to even rip someone off.

-Steven

Wrong crowd...don't see a line forming to follow.

Maybe its the "helmet mafia"....

What I see is a topic commented on by a couple of guys who are/were members here 6 years ago, who neglected to warn anyone here about it...real heartwarming stuff

Brig, this WRF thread was linked to a topic here before

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/161659-my-m1-helmet-and-the-story-behind/

I don't think its USMF fault, The kid gave the impression that he had "Learned from his mistakes" which was obviously a lie and just a tactic/guilth trip, manipulation.

"I now understand how these forums work" think about that one for a second (shaking my head) He was going to play the con artist here and it easily could have been any other forum that hadn't already banned him. With that being said, how many other forums are out there? I'm thinking a heads up to other forums Admins/mods should be done.

BILL THE PATCH

He'll probably try and open another account on here under a different name with email .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Now my question is would this have passed the forum if it weren't for someone noticing what had happened? Has anyone thought of this? Sometimes with being less knowledgable on some of these matters can I trust the opinions presented? Of course I have the final decision.

Chris

I am a little confused. I saw in a post where this guy says he is 21 years old. So members were not warned 6 years ago, has he been taking since he was 15? The timeline being discussed is confusing. Are extremely young collectors faking helmets and being believed?

Now my question is would this have passed the forum if it weren't for someone noticing what had happened? Has anyone thought of this? Sometimes with being less knowledgable on some of these matters can I trust the opinions presented? Of course I have the final decision.

Chris

This one might have went under the radar had it not been for Stealthytyler noticing the photo background...so yeah...totally possible that it would have/could have passed on by.

He'll probably try and open another account on here under a different name with email .

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

This is something we will be able to detect.

Well, it's not just the forging - there's a history of shady business. Anyone notice that the Foxy 29 group is supposedly still in his possession, when it sold on eBay for $1,375 back in July? We've seen this kind of stuff with him before on other items - supposedly selling on here, only to reappear on eBay immediately thereafter, or vice versa.

I am a little confused. I saw in a post where this guy says he is 21 years old. So members were not warned 6 years ago, has he been taking since he was 15? The timeline being discussed is confusing. Are extremely young collectors faking helmets and being believed?

Yes, he started collecting at a relatively young age. He made some rather dubious decisions (faking a helmet by repainting it three times I believe), declared himself to be "knowledgeable" and had some hypocritical actions in my eyes. Any time he got an item, he would talk about how great and historical it was/how happy he was to own it, then ask for the value. It seems like he was only out to buy and resell rather than appreciating the piece and the history behind it.

To more directly answer cutiger's question, I think most people at the time knew about his young age, but for some reason, rather than having him face the consequences for his actions, some of the more respected collectors took him under their wing.

This reminds me a lot of the incident that happened with jkash. Things need to be scrutinized. Just because they're active or well-respected should not be a free pass.

That's just my opinion

Having collected German combat badges for years, I've seen seen this kind of low life activity way too much. Unfortunately there will always be these types of characters out there but the scariest part is how good they have become at it. I've seen certain items become too risky to collect because of not being able to distinguish between the original and the fake. I really hate to see this here, but I guess it just reminds me that we have to really stay on our toes and try to somehow stay ahead of the fakers if that makes sense.

Yes, he started collecting at a relatively young age. He made some rather dubious decisions (faking a helmet by repainting it three times I believe), declared himself to be "knowledgeable" and had some hypocritical actions in my eyes. Any time he got an item, he would talk about how great and historical it was/how happy he was to own it, then ask for the value. It seems like he was only out to buy and resell rather than appreciating the piece and the history behind it.

To more directly answer cutiger's question, I think most people at the time knew about his young age, but for some reason, rather than having him face the consequences for his actions, some of the more respected collectors took him under their wing.

This reminds me a lot of the incident that happened with jkash. Things need to be scrutinized. Just because they're active or well-respected should not be a free pass.

That's just my opinion

We all holler about our dying collector market and here shows up a young man who started out badly.Some folks attempted to help him and give him direction...it went awry...but it doesn't always go unrewarded. Faith is a good thing and I would rather try and lose than never try at all.