Thoughts on 327th Vietnam Helmet

NBusk

The cover has areas where the lines of the camouflage where traced with a pen. Everything is great about the helmet just need to research the Vet more.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Cool helmet! Instead of buying a red light I think you could just put a thin piece of red cloth or plastic over a flashlight

Cool helmet! Instead of buying a red light I think you could just put a thin piece of red cloth or plastic over a flashlight

Some where my son has a red piece of plastic that might work.

That's a very nice cover, it looks like it's been on the shell for some time. The cat eyes on the rear of the cover are interesting and typically worn by officers during state side training. The second battalion of the 327th was out of Vietnam by April of 1972.

I am not familiar with their post war or state side activities after that point.

It's very likely the sweatband is a recent add. The cover and markings look authentic.

Nice one!

J

That's a very nice cover, it looks like it's been on the shell for some time. The cat eyes on the rear of the cover are interesting and typically worn by officers during state side training. The second battalion of the 327th was out of Vietnam by April of 1972.

I am not familiar with their post war or state side activities after that point.

It's very likely the sweatband is a recent add. The cover and markings look authentic.

Nice one!

J

Thanks for the help. I'm still up in the air over the sweat band just because the wear of the clips and it looks like its been in place for a long time. The liner its self is very well worn to the point the paint has almost been worn away. I will post a picture tomorrow. The helmet is wrapped tight by the cover and can't be removed nor will I dare but I did see it's a Schlueter 492A. I dumped a lot of my helmets because the weren't named . Now I just got this and a helmet that was part of a medical regiment that witnessed D-Day.

Neighbor gave me a L.E.D. red light that's as bright as can be but was able to get the 21OCT70. I checked it with a blacklight as well and nothing is glowing or stood out. My neighbor also said he didn't have a social security number till he signed up for the draft ? Was that common ?

• 1 month later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I

don't know if it is 327 as it is just stock footage but seems likelypost-153751-0-45900500-1543815110_thumb.png

sorry for the poor quality, got a new computer and don't have my normal resizing program yet.

don't know if it is 327 as it is just stock footage but seems likelyattachicon.gifresized_a.PNG

sorry for the poor quality, got a new computer and don't have my normal resizing program yet.

Just seen this and that is an awesome picture!!!!!!!

• 5 months later...