m1941 Johnson Rifle Bayonet Authentication Check

TheMariner

I picked this up about a week ago! I have compared to to information posted by Gary Cunningham about them and I am confident that the bayonet and scabbard are original but of course I would like you guys to take a look as I am going to be moving it along! The only difference between this one and most of the ones I have seen is that it also has a number in a 2nd spot that is different from that on the ring! Thanks for looking!

post-160496-0-06132300-1539298789.jpgpost-160496-0-63346300-1539298796.jpg

It looks good to me, cool bayonet. I was able to find another ones with second serial numbers in the same location that also begin with an A ---- for sale online so I don't think that is an issue, although you are probably right that it means it was used by a second government at some time. https://www.vdzmilitaria.be/collection/en/bladed-weapon/326-bayonet-for-usmc-johnson-m1941-rifle-wwii.html

Out of curiosity is the scabbard numbered to either of those numbers?

Thanks Ray appreciate you getting back! Defiantly looks very similar to mine! From what I read the number was inked on the scabbard and this one does have some age and wear so im assuming it may have been numbered but as simply faded over time! Good to see a similar example on the market!