90th A&E Maintenance Squadron patch

42ndbombers

When I purchase a patch I intend to keep, I try to research when and where the patch was used and then keep it stored in a plastic sleeve with the information affixed to the sleeve. It gets very time consuming trying to properly ID these patches. Right now I`m stuck on a 90th A&E Maintenance Squadron patch. The only thing I`ve found so far according to the website was that they were at Eielson AFB for a few months in 1955 and I can`t find anything to back that up. I found that on usafunithistory.com. This site has helped me a lot on other searches. Can anyone point me to any other websites or tell me more about this patch? I try to be more precise than the 50`s or the 60`s. My son will inherit these one day and he`s a collector like I am plus he`s an airman right now and I want him to be as informed as possible.

If it's the one I'm thinking of (mostly blue/yellow with globe and camera) it was at Forbes AFB, KS. Part of the 90th Strategic Recon. Wing, which was active there from 51-60, though the 90th AEMS may not encompass that entire stretch.

Randy

Thank you Randy. Where do you come up with your information? Maybe I`m not using the right words when I do searches. I don`t know. Teamski has been able to help with a couple places to search that I didn`t know about. I really don`t want to put in formal requests for squadron or wing information. And I don`t want to be pain on here by having others do my work for me.

John

I have a ton of reference info here. I collect mainly fighter related but after 30+ years you learn about all kinds of things. If you need any further help shoot me a line. I've been working on another USAF site since the other went inactive. Look at: usmilitarypatches.com

Randy

Thank you Randy. Where do you come up with your information? Maybe I`m not using the right words when I do searches. I don`t know. Teamski has been able to help with a couple places to search that I didn`t know about. I really don`t want to put in formal requests for squadron or wing information. And I don`t want to be pain on here by having others do my work for me.

John