SERGEANT MAJOR of the ARMY WEARING NEW UNIFORM

firefighter

I Hope to god they change the rank colors. Those stripes need to be the silver on black or preferably the OD on dark blue. They are NOT historic in any way.

-Ski

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I Hope to god they change the rank colors. Those stripes need to be the silver on black or preferably the OD on dark blue. They are NOT historic in any way.

-Ski

I don't think they are doing a reenactment, I don't see why it has to be exactly the way they did it in WWII as long as it looks good. don't think enlisted wore them in WWII anyway?

When I see uniform changes...all I see is taxpayer $$$ being wasted. I guess it keeps the US clothing manufacturers producing which is OK.....but...very costly. I don't like being negative...but...let's be wise with taxpayers funds...and not waste it.

When I see uniform changes...all I see is taxpayer $$$ being wasted. I guess it keeps the US clothing manufacturers producing which is OK.....but...very costly. I don't like being negative...but...let's be wise with taxpayers funds...and not waste it.

+1...not a fan of the uniform but then by the time its implemented and worn Army wide it will.....change

-Ski

Still looks like a UPS delivery drivers uniform

Still looks like a UPS delivery drivers uniform

You know I'm kinda use to the Blue Uniform now :lol:, it's just the Class B that stinks, here a return of the Khakis would do.

What's wrong with the RANGER tab FF?

Ah I think you mean it's sewn on off centered to the top of the patch right!, if so I think it's the fold and bluge of the shoulder area that's doing that.

3f69ad9c36c1a08ccb87fceec8379ef6.jpg

I gather the Blues will still be worn as a formal dress right, as it was back in the late 50s on, in the AG44 Days, like the Old Guard etc etc.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Still not a fan of Sta-bright collar brass with dull brown buttons, all shiny brass would look more 'uniform' IMO.

Good point!

I recently polled my unit (67 Soldiers) about this uniform. Results were 100% for. I have not spoken with very many currently serving Soldiers who are against it. It's good-looking and it hearkens back to our "finest hour" in my opinion. Make the change CSM!

I won't quibble about details - the ASU is an awful uniform and anything that gets rid of the ASU is fine by me. Of course, I'm retired and still have my old AG44 green uniform with no plans on acquiring any more.

Ah I think you mean it's sewn on off centered to the top of the patch right!, if so I think it's the fold and bluge of the shoulder area that's doing that.

3f69ad9c36c1a08ccb87fceec8379ef6.jpg

Thank you. I think youre right. Much easier to see on a larger picture.

Does this uniform matter in an Army where cammies are seemingly worn for everything except state funerals?

Bob I agree 100%. When I was in you couldnt even stop at a store in your fatigues, yes FATIGUES. I didnt wear cammies till the National Guard, same rules. I like the old Green dress uniform. I think they missed the point on dress blues. I'm on the fence with these new ones. The do look sharp and its nice to see color unit patches again.

Damn, how much money has the Army dumped into uniform changes time and again these last 15 years? I heard somewhere they have a stupid amount of ACUs in storage they've been directed to figure out how to dye multi-cam

Salvage Sailor

Bob I agree 100%. When I was in you couldnt even stop at a store in your fatigues, yes FATIGUES. I didnt wear cammies till the National Guard, same rules. I like the old Green dress uniform. I think they missed the point on dress blues. I'm on the fence with these new ones. The do look sharp and its nice to see color unit patches again.

Same same in the USN. If you were caught anywhere off base in your dungarees it was 45 days restriction/45 days extra duty/45 days half pay