11th AB Helmet

ghengus

Picked up two helmets from an estate recently. Family said both belonged to a Donald V Sparks although I havent been able to find anything out on him. First is a paratroop shell with an 11th AB Liner. Both helmet and liner are late war manufacture. Shell is a rear seam swivel bail with heat stamp 1147D. Liner is a plain Seaman Paper Company Liner with the 11th AB decals. Second is s mid wwii Fixed bail and mid wwii Liner. Thr Liner is 2nd LT marked. The liner on the 11AB liner also looks like it has rank insignia at one point. Is it possible both actually belonged to one soldier? Likely just surplus but I am hesitant to seperately the pair. Thanks for looking and appreciate the advice!

post-7816-0-37424400-1538961602.jpeg

post-7816-0-89403700-1538961613_thumb.jpeg

Nice 11AB set...im away from my 11AB reference books but will see if i can find any clues and info on Sparks when i get home tomorrow night.....mike

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Yes I think it is possible both of the helmets are his. Not sure how common it was during WWII but its fairly common to find multiple helmets with 50s-modern groupings, and seems to be more common with officers.