Nice finds for a Friday/Saturday

kphfun

I got these yesterday and today (hey, that was a great band. Now known as Y&T..) A really clean M1917 Bayonet(50.00), complete Marine M41 pack (35.00), A 1967 dated pack with a nylon strap(3.00), A Japanese 25mm cartridge (20.00) and a Brit. 1952 dated hatchet (3.00).. A bunch of other little items but this is the cream.. Cheers

post-3273-1228617388.jpg

craig_pickrall

The USMC pack set looks like those made during the Korean War. Can you see any markings on them?

The USMC pack set looks like those made during the Korean War. Can you see any markings on them?

They both do but they are very faint and I have not been able to make out what it says yet think.gif ..

I like the Japanese 25mm shell , it's a nice piece thumbsup.gif

Thanks, I made a goof though, it is a 20mm AA rnd. but very nice markings..

post-3273-1228696887.jpg

Here you are Craig, any thought of the date it might be?

post-3273-1228696979.jpg

Nice bayonet Kevin!

Just a side note the two grooves in the handle go back to the earlier bayonet that the US supplied to the Brits for the pattern14 rifle being produced for them.The P13 bayonet(Brit designation) being similiar to the already British 1907 bayonet for the SMLE rifle,the grooves were added to distinqiush between the two as they were not interchangeable.When the US entered WW1 production for the Brits stopped and the bayonet was redesignated as Model 1917.The M1917 also has the clearing hole and the P13 didnt.The grooves were retained in the grip and really serve no purpose.

RON

craig_pickrall
Here you are Craig, any thought of the date it might be?

That is the style marking used during the Korean War. There are various orders and dates but it would be similar to this:

post-5-1228757162.jpg

Thanks Craig thumbsup.gif as that is what it looks like, mine is just a bit more faded but thanks to your picture I was able to see it.. Would this also have been issued in Vietnam? Cheers, Kev

post-3273-1228788095.jpg