Help with Canadian Normandy uniform insignia

dando1944

I am hoping someone might be able to help me with a Normandy project.

I have a agreed to help someone with a couple of WW2 Normandy badged Canadian Battledress's.

The jackets were easy enough to find unbadged and wartime dated.

But the project has now advanced and I am look for some ORIGINAL insignia to go onto at least two different jackets. They are to commemorate men who are buried in the Bretteville sur Laize Cemetery in Normandy.

The problem is I know ZERO about Canadian Battledress insignia and I am finding so many different variations.

So as a starting point I looked on the Commonwealth War Graves Commission website and there are men buried in Bretteville who served in the following units:-

R.C.I.C.

Fort Garry Horse, R.C.A.C.

South Alberta Regiment, R.C.A.C.

Royal Regiment of Canada, R.C.I.C.

Sherbrooke Fusiliers Regiment, R.C.A.C.

Royal Winnipeg Rifles, R.C.I.C.

Essex Scottish Regiment, R.C.I.C.

Royal Canadian Army Service Corps

Queen's Own Cameron Highlanders of Canada, R.C.I.C.

South Saskatchewan Regiment, R.C.I.C.

Royal Canadian Engineers

Canadian Scottish Regiment, R.C.I.C.

Calgary Highlanders, R.C.I.C.

Royal Hamilton Light Infantry, R.C.I.C.

Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada

Lincoln and Welland Regiment, R.C.I.C.

Canadian Grenadier Guards, R.C.A.C.

Royal Canadian Artillery

I understand this is a big list and many of the titles might be impossible to find. But I would like to try and correctly badge up at least 2 jackets with original insignia. Any of the above units would work - but I need to be able to find (and buy) two real sets of each badge to make the jackets accurate. I do not want to buy copies.

I have a quantity of CANADA strips and some ROYAL ARTILLERY (printed titles) which are original - so they could be used. Really it is a case of knowing what is correct for the epaulette, shoulder and division badge combination for any of the above.

Ideally if anyone has any photographs of a shoulder with the correct 1944 badges on a battledress being worn that would be a real help. With the exception of Canadian Paratroopers I have sadly found very few reliable photos on the Internet and even then, I do not really know what I would be looking for as the photos could be post-war - and badges I try to buy could be copies.

I have collected militaria for years - but never anything Canadian.. so I am at your mercy. Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Unfortunately, this is a US only militaria forum and does not cover foreign insignia. Your post will likely be deleted. Sorry.

-Eric

HI - many thanks for the responses and I appreciate your help ... I did not realise that about the forum... but - there is a section called "non American items" ...

Thanks again.