Vietnam era M2 crimper/pliers, leather case, 1965 dated knife

Flashlarue

I was wondering around a local flea market and found this M2 set for $11. I looks like it was just pulled out of the wrapper. The crimper is unmarked but the knife is a Cammilus 1965. The crimper and knife are unused and still coated with grease with no rust or staining. Would this whole set be Vietnam era or would the knife have been added later for issuing?

post-87451-0-80495900-1538768117.jpegpost-87451-0-19985300-1538768129.jpegpost-87451-0-49252700-1538768140.jpeg

It is my understanding that in the 60-70s the leather case would be ink stamped with SC information (leather was stamped differently in WW2-Korea). Also, I'm not sure the pouches came with tools. In the early 70s the engineers would add the crimper and steel knife, while the Signal Corps folks would have the electrician's knife and pliers. A nice set for $11, the knife alone is worth twice that, and the crimpers at least $10.

At some point they stopped putting that little thumb catch on the screwdriver/bottle opener.My 76 doesn't have it.Also, make sure you don't partially open 2 blades on the same side as it might break the spring.I have one of those made in 1986 by Q. Any body know made it?

At some point they stopped putting that little thumb catch on the screwdriver/bottle opener . . .

They stopped in mid-1973, if I remember correctly. Some 1973 dated steel pocket knives have them, some don't. By 1974 the stud was no longer being put on the screwdriver.