Are these gentleman Army or Marines? Need help with names also

Squeaker

Look like Marines to me, I was trying to see the pointed cuffs. Little too blurry, maybe in the original? I say Marines anyway unless more detail was provided

#1 Gewel Stringer -

#2 Clyde Ba........

#3 Silbe..... Pe.........

I thought the first one was Gewel. I found a name similar near where I think these guys are from, but it looks like its a woman...doesnt make a lot of sense.

Look like Marines to me, I was trying to see the pointed cuffs. Little too blurry, maybe in the original? I say Marines anyway unless more detail was provided

In the original there is no more definition to the sleeves/cuffs. Would there have been any reason for a sailor to wear this type of uniform with an navy type cap badge?

The uniform jackets are very obviously Army issue since there are no pleats on the pockets. We know that Marines also wore Army jackets. Too bad we can't get a clearer resolution on the cap insignia of the individual on the right. It appears that neither of them are wearing collar insignia (as the Army would wear), and Marine enlisted men didn't wear any until the collar disks came out near the end of the war. So, my guess is Marine.

Steve

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2018 at 2:28 PM, warguy said:

I'd say.