Fresh Patch Collection from WW2

nbolinger

normaninvasion

Coolest find I've seen in awhile! Thanks for sharing. Any more info about the prof and what happened to the students? Would make for an interesting research project and article. Not everyday you can add names to a patch. They all have a story to tell

That is a very impressive bunch of insignia you picked up.Congratulations on your find.Scotty

Exceptional find. Agree with Dave on Sugamo pieces. Question the 1st Phil Recon patch as it is not a known variation atleast to me; otherwise just great.

Mort

Congratulations on a terrific find. The patches are great but with the names of the men that wore them it makes them truly special. That would be a huge but great research project to try and find out about each of those men.

Thanks guys super happy i got it, Most of my friends say i should part the album out but i really think for now i should just leave it as it is, the mans name was Professor F.N. Newton he was a teacher at Sharon High School in Sharon Pennsylvania .

post-9905-0-59321600-1538433935.jpg

The 34th Div is mounted backwards. woven Italian made. this below from the 34th's shoulder patch reference topic, I hope the patch is not glued on, that means the face of it will be damaged probably if you try to remove it.

post-5-1163862197.jpgpost-5-1163862209.jpg

Thanks guys super happy i got it, Most of my friends say i should part the album out but i really think for now i should just leave it as it is, the mans name was Professor F.N. Newton he was a teacher at Sharon High School in Sharon Pennsylvania .

Hope you can keep this together, this is just an incredible collection. So much would be lost parting it out.

Wonderful find, congratulations.

BILL THE PATCH

Yes keep it together, i doubt anything like this will turn up again for awhile at least. It but tells a bigger story then the patches parted out.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

I would say to keep it together as well. I carefully disassembled my Patch King album and stored the pages in acid free magazine sized sleeves with backboards. This way I could look at them without disturbing the pages themselves and it will preserve the pages in the long run. Just an idea.

-Ski

post-3043-0-72152900-1538664012.jpg

post-3043-0-68489800-1538664016.jpg