marine WWII issue khaki trousers belt question

coolman

hello everyone

just a question abt the marine belt bc i dont have one..

is the U.S.M.C. Khaki open frame buckle trousers combat belt a lil bit wider than the army one..?

if so the MARINE buckle is accordingly bigger than the army one then...?

General Apathy

Hi coolman, if your talking the belt for the trousers with the open brass buckle, then yes it is fractionally wider, if you added an army trouser web belt to the USMC buckle then you would see the difference.

Your question is slightly hard to follow as you have called it the ' trouser combat belt ' ???????

Cheers ( Lewis )

Here's a couple of photo's showing WWII Army and Marine Corps trouser belts and buckles. From the top we see early, mid war, and late war Army types with two Marine types on the bottom. Note that the Marine buckles are slightly different in style and the belts slightly wider than their Army counterparts.

DSCN4695.jpg

Here's the back. Note the faint red size and inspection stamp on the mint Marine belt. No doubt about the bottom belt being Marine!

DSCN4696.jpg

I read somewhere that a Marine could use a trouser belt to make a shoulder strap for the bottom half of the M1941 pack system, to make it a meusette bag like thing, anyone hear of this, and has anyone tried it?

Greg Robinson

sometime after the korean war the Marine trouser belts and buckles were reduced in width about 1/8 inch

thanks general apathy gunbunny & greg robinson..as i can see on the pictures the marine is slihtly wider...yes hotlead you can make a musete bag with a belt & the lower pack..i'v tried that ones & it works perfectly...i used an army belt instead bc i dont have a marine one