War Crimes of the Liberators

The Iron Brigade

Indeed. I read In the Ruins of the Reich when it came out 30 years ago, and the takeaway was that to the victor the spoils is far from a clear black and white proposition of good and bad or moral superiority. While I'm not suggesting it was a war crime or impugning collectors of it, something covered in the video you posted, the reality of the hundreds of thousands of civilians killed on both sides in bombing raids makes bomber related militaria, generally ambiguous for me.

pararaftanr2

Oh, boo hoo. Pretty rich for those German historians to be complaining about Allied war crimes. In the words of Bomber Harris, "They sowed the wind, and now, they are going to reap the whirlwind"!

I am locking this topic to further comment. The links to the movie can still be viewed by those who are curious.

It appears this discussion is going downhill from the start.

This is not new information. The fact that both sides in WWII committed atrocities is information that is published and available to anyone who wishes to seek it out.

An endless discussion of who was right and who was wrong, and who got what they deserved is a waste of time and will only inflame a debate here that will not resolve anything.