3rd ID

34armor

Can anyone look at this 3rd I'd helmet at emilitaria collectors store. It's $800 and don't know if it's real but my 3rd ID Veteran son is interested.

Concur, Post WWII Period. I'd say it does appear to be original to the later era based on initial looks. I don't like it for that price tho not at all.

Yeah, I dont know...Im a bit suspicious about some of the helmets on this site, 2 original 506 spade marked helmets? Both swivel bales? A plain Jane M-1C for $8500? Theres some crazy prices and some crazy rare helmets...just a few too many to be believed

Buyer beware!

Yeah, I dont know...Im a bit suspicious about some of the helmets on this site, 2 original 506 spade marked helmets? Both swivel bales? A plain Jane M-1C for $8500? Theres some crazy prices and some crazy rare helmets...just a few too many to be believed

Buyer beware!

Second that brother !

The USMC items are also very suspect.

- Dean

Yeah my thoughts exactly. My uncle was in 3rd ID Italy in WW2 and my mom has his helmet still. My son was in 3rd ID in Afghanistan and even he has his doubts. Thanks the prices are crazy is right.

Buyer beware!

One of the 506th helmets isnt even a paratrooper helmet, and the other has an Inland style liner, but you can clearly see the Westinghouse stamp in one of the pictures of the suspension. Plus, the chinstraps are fuzzy like modern reproductions. I feel bad for the collector who spent six grand on it.

Hello,

I would be very careful before calling it a Koren War example. IMO it is just a fake or a reenactor's helmet at best, as are all his German camo helmets, the 29th Div and the two Airborne helmets.

There is really nothing good on that page.

An I missing something? The price is $850. right? Am I looking at the wrong site?

Yes, the 3rd ID helmet being discussed is $850 but thats waaaay overpriced....the one I mentioned that was $8500 is an airborne helmet. Even on a good day if it was all original its a $900 helmet, not $8500 ?

MartyMcPouch

Jim is right! It`s a post war pot. If the markings are real is another question. But I would not shop there especially when the offers are only seen on pictures having the size of stamps.