Lucky week picked up another capture papered weapon!

WWIIBuff1945

Texted a friend this afternoon and sent him the thread on the FN Browning with capture papers I picked up this week. He said he was at his gunsmith last week and he said he had a gun with capture papers coming in to the shop. I called him this afternoon and he said the gun was in and sent me a text with the price and pictures. Its a Walther 7.65 mm Type 4 with holster and 2 magazines. I immediately said I would take the gun and headed to the shop. Capture papers made out to S/Sgt Clarence Steelman #32482717. The gun is in decent shape along with the holster. The magazines are not period correct and will try and find at least one correct one. I am having trouble researching the vet as his serial number is not showing up in the NAD data base. It may be that the serial number was typed incorrectly on the capture form. I am 100% positive the document is real.

These are the only pics I have right now and will post some later when I have some time. Thanks for checking out my newest acquisition!

post-158759-0-88309100-1538174370_thumb.jpg

Thanks guys! sd95b that makes sense since it was captured during WWII and was carried by a soldier. I doubt the German soldier would be carrying a WWI weapon in a WWI holster.

Great piece WWIIBuff1945. Don't be concerned about the holster being intended for a different pistol. The Germans used a wide variety of 7.65mm pistols during both World Wars. Some of these pistols did not have a specific holster designed for them and were simply used with any holster they would fit. The most recent mismatch I have seen was a 1922 Browning being carried in a French MAB Model D pistol holster. Wear on the inside of the holster indicated that it had carried the Browining for its entire life.

Thanks I agree. I was just concerned that since I had aftermarket magazines that the holster was not the original one. You can definitely see the imprint of the Browning in it so yes its been there a long time. I am trying to learn about the magazines. It looks like the originals had 7 holes in them. The ones I have have 6 and no markings at all. There is not a lot of info on the net about them.

• 3 weeks later...