Show your Vietnam helmets

trenchfoot

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Irish-Fusilier

Wonderful helmets Luxembourg. Can you provide any details on the helmet marked to SP/4 Thomas?

Regards,

Des

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

My oldest brother was in MCB-1 in Vietnam in 1966/1967 up near Quang Tri and he brought his helmet back with him.  He died in 2008 and I ended up with his helmet, the cover was in really bad shape so I replaced it about 10 years ago, with the writing like he had on the old one.  My grand kids have played with it a few times.  His name was EAD3  Petty Officer Morgan Edward G.

IMG_2271.JPG

IMG_2276.JPG

Manayunkman,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          No, at the time I didn't see any reason to, now I wish that I had kept it. It was as rotten and worn out as the worst ones on this site. I bet a lot of the worn out covers that came back got dropped in the garbage. But I did copy how he did it 55 years ago.IMG_2273.JPG.7b8ec51a1cf11e5b31b5ec46bfe070e9.JPG

6 hours ago, WisEd said:

Manayunkman,                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          No, at the time I didn't see any reason to, now I wish that I had kept it. It was as rotten and worn out as the worst ones on this site. I bet a lot of the worn out covers that came back got dropped in the garbage. But I did copy how he did it 55 years ago.IMG_2273.JPG.7b8ec51a1cf11e5b31b5ec46bfe070e9.JPG

I wish you had of kept it 

- Dean