Show your Vietnam helmets

trenchfoot

This helmet came from the US a good few years ago and was acquired by a very well known English dealer. As can be seen the helmet was obviously shipped back as a momentum of his near death experience.

Incredible the bullet has entered the right side, travelled between the liner and the helmet and made an exit when the liner was on the straight after the curve.

Im guessing the trajectory of the bullet made it follow the inside between the helmet and liner then when the curve ended it tailed of out the side.

You can see in the pic of the top of the helmet the line the round had travelled !!

It must have been the luckiest day ever for this soldier/marine.

Holding this helmet in my hands made me experience something very special for the first time in my years of collecting, I was holding the M1 helmet that saved this persons life and let him hopefully go home to his family.

Thats quite an amazing thing !

This helmet speaks for itself, everything is correct for being combat used in theatre. I wont go into detail about the cover and oroginal Camo band as the pics have all the details. Whats neat is the chain that was attached so it could hang in the Vets den or garage. Its a super nice touch and testiment to its importance.

This helmet is in the book battle damage and has the centre page spread and front cover.

Ive posted the name on the headband but none have been able to identify the name as its faded. Hopefully someone here can help me find MR Lucky

His ASN is

RA 14949185 or RA 14748185 or RA 14749185

Names could be William Frein, Liam W Frein

Pic of headband included

Enjoy ! And thanks for looking

That's cool.

What's the cover dated?

No, I was just interested in seeing what the cover was dated.

Thanks for the snap.

No problem Justin

I have someone that has applied for his records and now waiting on being allowed to access them.

- Dean

• 1 month later...

Heres one I have. Its a mid war set that appears to have been signed by members of his unit as a goodbye.

post-163344-0-23765700-1555607286_thumb.jpegpost-163344-0-24383900-1555607298_thumb.jpegpost-163344-0-52487300-1555607307_thumb.jpegpost-163344-0-40382500-1555607317_thumb.jpeg

The Rooster

This is one I got the other day. Just came in today.. Sold to me as a Vietnam steel pot.

The pot is a front seam… Kind of rusty here and there and the liner looks like ww2.

The cover is reversible and on the tan side very faint is written. Sunshine of your love in quotes on the right side,

Looks like purple haze on the back, and something I cant make out on the left side also in quotes but very faint… cannot make it out.

There is nothing written on the other side….

Inside on the flaps is Irene and a peace sign…. I cant make out the number on the pot.. Rusty … have to do some wire brushing maybe to read the number.

post-181333-0-08198200-1555612425_thumb.jpg

post-181333-0-30227500-1555612437_thumb.jpg

The Rooster

Here is the script I cant make out???

I darkened and sharpened it but I cant make it out. Assuming its another song title?? In quotes..

post-181333-0-62520800-1555613369_thumb.jpg

Very sharp looking set. What's the history/specs on it?

Its a late 1950s Liner, 1964 cover. Theres no history on the piece but its easy to tell that the parts match eachother in hand. I wish there was a full name on it

Its a late 1950s Liner, 1964 cover. Theres no history on the piece but its easy to tell that the parts match eachother in hand. I wish there was a full name on it

It looks really nice, I'm interested in the shell. Can you see a heat stamp? Markings on the hardware? I notice the adjustable strap hardware is rounded similar to WW2 and Korean war era straps, I have a few, some like this are unmarked, and some are green painted clamps with the rest of the hardware black.

The chinstraps have the anchor stamp and the helmet is a reissued late war front seam m1 with a heat stamp of 1038.

Here's another one I just got. It's a graffitied 1965 twill cover named to a Kieth Sparks and the liner is an early 1960's one named to 3 other people. The cover was probably ripped while pounding tent stakes, evident by the dents on the dome of the helmet.

post-163344-0-26584400-1555942253_thumb.jpgpost-163344-0-06410900-1555942259_thumb.jpg