Show your Vietnam helmets

trenchfoot

Cats were, “ numba 1 chop chop” over there as were dogs. Saw 2 cats the whole tour, 1 was a kitten a GI in a post office had, other was through starlight scope one night in the wire and claymores.Met an ARVIN Ranger a few weeks ago, interesting guy to talk to.

Super nice helmets!!!!

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I have 3 Vietnam helmets. This is my first one. The cover is 1970 the helmet is 65-68 and the liner is dutch.

I don't want to be rude but how can this be unmessee with if it has a Dutch liner?

I don't want to be rude but how can this be unmessee with if it has a Dutch liner?

Sorry I didn't mean to include that. I'm in a liner shortage and had to fill in with that one.

I only have a couple of helmets, this one is my favorite. Pretty heavily used set, correct me if i'm wrong but i believe its a mid ww2 shell with an early/mid VN liner. Dark OD paint and the corking can be seen on the shell through the foliage slits.

The cover which is stained from dirt has been on there for long time as its stuck to the shell and rim in some spots, the tyre tube is very brittle. The liner is actually painted silver, I took it apart when i first got it but I'm not keen to do it again, so i cant recall if there is a painted name or anything on the inner shell. The nape buckles were also been taped down at one point

post-117117-0-42414800-1539420979_thumb.jpg

Although i can't beat the one Dean posted, here's my newest one. Tons of graffiti on the '62 dated cover, most of it hard to see in pictures. Named to a marine

post-163344-0-39797600-1539453987_thumb.jpgpost-163344-0-81530800-1539454034_thumb.jpg

Although i can't beat the one Dean posted, here's my newest one. Tons of graffiti on the '62 dated cover, most of it hard to see in pictures. Named to a marine

attachicon.gif IMG_6523.jpgattachicon.gif IMG_6527 2.jpg

Russ You have a great eye for lids my friend,

Thats an excellent example

Thanks for the kind comments my friend and what an awesome thread.

- Dean