INTERRUPTED OMAHA TRENCH ART

bryson152

Hi All,

The above came from OMAHA. It is half of the bottom of a 105 shell (Other half blown off). The inscription reads "D-DAY JUNE 6 1944 AFRIC" (That's all I can make out). Inserted into the top is a 1939 Italian coin. Found up on the bluff in the 1st Inf. Div. sector.

regards

Allan

post-208-1228575484.jpg

uh, awesome! that is a truly cool find mate

Ummm... maybe not so good for the original owner. I think "interrupted" is a very polite way to put it...

Ummm... maybe not so good for the original owner. I think "interrupted" is a very polite way to put it...

To be honest, it didnt even click with me when i read it, but i hear ya now crying.gif

Hi,

"Are you interested in selling any of those items Allan B?". I suppose everything has a price.

Regards Allan

Surprising to see those collar disks/branch insignia - would be interesting to know when they were lost, as there were a LOT of troops who came over those beaches. The other items seem pretty routine "GI Joe" items, particularly the crucifix and madonna (?), which I'll guess were worn on ID tags. Not looking to purchase from Allan, but AWESOME items to have in one's collection...

Thrasher