Odd M1936 belt - trying to figure it out

Crasher

This came with a small lot of items I bought from a guy online. There are numerous differences between this and a normal M1936 belt that puzzle me. It was suggested to me that it may be a pre-war belt, or possibly an early USMC belt.

Odd things:

1. The color is more of a WWI-type khaki color, vs the OD#3, but the other features don't point to WWI-issue (buckle, keepers, etc).
2. The male end of the buckle is an elongated and curved design (see pic below), but not a long-bar like the WWI era ones.
3. The belt is in excellent shape, near mint, and in spite of several inscriptions by the service member, there doesn't appear to be any sign of a date/manufacturer, or a US or USMC marking.
4. The grommets are of a slightly different design than most M36 or M1910 belts I've seen.

Any thoughts? Here are some pics. The top one in each picture is of a regular US-issue early-war M36 belt, for comparison on color and design.

42472032_2066980873352833_30152652845974

42503849_548240948949655_289362857236942

42459296_170932180451113_888269414001436

Hmm... that might explain the odd adjustable hook end. But I don't see any evidence of the usual "British Made" marking either. Though obviously markings on these things are often hard to find and fade quickly too.

Browninggunner688

British made belts can be told apart from the American made ones by several difference's if the makers stamps are faded.

The T fastener is longer.

The grommets don't run all the way to the end of the belt on the adjustment end.

The grommets are larger and are constructed different.

These belts can also be found with the British 37pattern buckle.

Hope this helps.

Nick.

milsurp_scout_14

It's definitely British made, and I can add that the markings on those wear off easily. I've had two and the stamps were both nearly faded away.

It's definitely British made, and I can add that the markings on those wear off easily. I've had two and the stamps were both nearly faded away.

Wonder if you could read it with the night vision device ? like here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/62632-an-awesome-way-to-see-old-dates-on-ww2-ww1-field-gear/

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It should be possible to remove the IR filter from any digital camera and have functioning night vision, but I haven't got it to work properly yet.