PASGT NVG mount

BrokenShovelDude

BrokenShovelDude

I've been looking for one of these for a good price to put on my uncles (he was in USMC in the 90s) PASGT helmet. I don't have trouble finding places that sell them, I just have trouble finding them cheap. So far the cheapest price I've seen is around $30. Is that the cheapest it will get because theyre still being issued or is there a place I don't know about?

thanks

If you have patience, you will possibly find one for $20, but those are far and few between. If you are wanting a mount and can find one for $30, you had better snag it. I've been collecting NVG stuff for quite some time and I will tell you that anything NVG is expensive and will get worse.

$ 30.00 isn't a bad price at all......I'd say go for it!

Duffy

No doubt! Jump on them. Cheaper than what I paid for each of the three I have.

BrokenShovelDude

Maybe im just hesitant to buy one because it looks like such a simple piece of equipment. But I want one SO BAD!

So I guess these things are'nt going to get any cheaper? Not even after we Pull out of iraq?

I don't think there is anything wrong with having to pay $ 30 for one.....trust me, I imagine there

are a ton of folks who would pay this.....if I were you, I'd grab it.....or you can pass it up, and just maybe you

will find another one at a cheaper price, but I doubt it.

If you really do want one so, so bad......don't you think you should grab it before it's gone?

Duffy

Here is a picture of my NVG mount issued to me during Desert Storm, and I used it all the way through Iraqi Freedom. The current issued mount negates the ratchet strap and has only the front portion of the mount and bolts to the helmet through the hole seen in the center of the front part of the mount base. The mount for the goggles slides back and forth on the rails to adjust to the wearers eyes, and the large tab above the mount rail adjusts the goggle up and down.

post-3743-1228855812.jpg

post-3743-1228855829.jpg

These two pics show the mount in the raised and lowered positions. I have not seen these on the open market, so if you can grab one at any price, I would say that was a good thing. Sooner IS better. The longer you wait, the higher these things are liable to get.

Wayne

post-3743-1228855862.jpg

post-3743-1228855873.jpg