Sign in to follow this  
copper252

Stains on a Khaki Shirt

Hello, I have a WWII patched khaki shirt that has a lot of stains on it. I tried taking to the dry cleaners but they said it was too fragile for them. What should I do next?

-Seth

Looking for WWII Americal Division and 147th Infantry Regiment Uniforms and anything relating to the Army on Guadalcanal.

donation2018.gifimage.png.eeda3e0d45132eb99f4dd8b07fd60103.pngdonation2020.gif

You could try this provider: http://www.textilepreservation.com/

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

I don't think a dry cleaner would do much good; my experience is that once a stain has set, it's there to stay most of the time.

Sometimes, though, soiling can be removed with a brass clothing brush and depending upon what made the stain, it might come off, but if the brush doesn't touch it, again, it's probably permenent.

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

donation2019.gif