1941-1945 Penguin Books with a military theme

hhbooker2

1941-1945 Penguin Books like "A Short History of the Army & Navy" by Fletcher Pratt and "Guadalcanal Diary" by Richard Tregaskis. These were but a few titles I donated to an honest outstanding eBay seller who reluctently accepted them. Normally I contribute books to the "Sunland California 'Friends of the Library.'" Am afraid if I mail them to anyone who does not collect or read these books, it might mean more clutter for them to content with. Its not easy to find a good home for 1880s to 1940s booklets, books, catalogues, etc., after I scan them to post online and to put on CDs. eBay sellers are also reluctent to accept free CDs which they can duplicate and offer, but a few do and its really "Bread & Butter" for them - you've probably seen some of these CDs on eBay? Times are tough for some in the U.S.A., if what I have can assist them in small ways, then I'll have done a little something. We gave away our old cars to others who had to take public buses to and from their jobs. I do wish though that the recipients would have stayed in touch as I usually have more things I've acquired to be rid of so the L.A. Fire Marshal does not write us up on a clutter store room full of boxes. Its a good indicator here to see the topics others have to see what they specialize in and I can anonymously contact them and see if they can use something I have? I no longer have antique firearms, bayonets, field gear, helmets, etc., mostly have small items like chevrons, rates, shoulder sleeve insignia, etc., U.S. and foreign. Of course emphemera, what else? Don't be surprised if I send a message with an offer of something you might be able to have more use for then I did? In the meantime I send free daily scans to those that email at: [email protected] - that much is immediate, of course! ENJOY! :rolleyes: Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California

post-837-1228534363.jpg

post-837-1228534385.jpg

think.gif "Handbook for Army Wives & Mothers" by Catherine Redmond and "Island Victory" by LTC S.L.A. Marshall.

post-837-1228537569.jpg

post-837-1228537633.jpg

thumbdown.gif "Psychology for the Fighting Man" back cover, showing many titles that were published for our fighting forces in WW2!

post-837-1228597839.jpg

:blink: Back cover of "What's That Plane?" These are but a few of the tens of hundreds of books like these I managed to give away when someone really wants them to read and possess for their personal library. Visitors to our home sometimes say: "Whatever you do, don't go see Booker, he'll load you down with free books that fill one or two large grocery-store shopping bags and they are so heavy!" Five times I have accumulated loads of insignia and then gave it all away and started over, some of the people who took my snap decision to give them away serious had to make several trips to load up their cars. One time I gave up sixteen boxes filled insignia, uniforms, etc., the fun is hunting down insignia, not in possessing it, believe it or not? w00t.gif Sarge Booker of Tujunga, California ([email protected]) POST SCRIPT: Disappointment comes when they do not stay in touch and more often than not could have acquired things I picked up later, people just give up even when there is no cost to them, maybe their spouses stop them in their tracks from collecting and bringing home their souvenirs? On "The Shadow" knows? :lol:

post-837-1228598512.jpg

I've got What's That Plane and Guerilla Warfare.. The former has no covers anymore and the latter is near mint.. I love these things.. Never see them very often here tho.

Fins.

I myself have "This is the Navy"... But it actually doesn't fit in my collection...

If someone is interested, please drop me a PM! I'll hope to find a good new home!

thumbsup.gif

rgds

Bart