Magdeburg/Germany, April 18., 1945 - The war is over for you!

Backtheattack

You and me both. They really are works of art. I especially like the detail - finger straight and out of the trigger well. How many hours does your friend have in this one?

BagmanL6, I don`t know exactly. But the discussion about this diorama took several month. Based on a picture of a 88 flak gun at Magdeburg, then the discussion about how to place the gun in it`s anti-tank role and how to build the factory behind. Then we talked about the sign "Luftschutzkeller" - Bomb Protection Cellar - on the wall and so on. Here some other pics, together with the picture in April 45, Buckau-Magdeburg.

post-104851-0-04663000-1537774876_thumb.jpg

post-104851-0-86009400-1537774899_thumb.jpg

I know this place, Schönebecker Str. in Magdeburg Buckau,the 88 protected the Krupp- Gruson plant. The industrial buildings survived the war.

The dios are true masterpieces. Is there a Chance to see them "live" in Magdeburg? It would be great.

Grüße aus Magdeburg

krautpot, he is on several exhibitions, if you want to meet him: May 1., 2019, Bürgerpark Wernigerode. Have a look at our forum, there are several others at "Forum der Fachgruppe Militär- und Garnisonsgeschichte Magdeburg" in the net.

Outstanding work with great attention to detail.

I want to echo these same sentiments. I especially like the inside of the helmet liner of the American soldier. This is an excellent dio.

Semper Fi.

Manny