Does anyone know this pouch?

skoczek443

VolunteerArmoury

I recall these in several catalogs such as Brigade Quartermaster, U.S. Cav etc & saw many guys using them as late as late 90s but have always taken them as private purchase. I had once when I was in the Cadet Corps at G.M.C. & used the same dye of TA50 for my ArNG unit.

Definitely not USGI. Those clasps are not issue. The U.S. marking almost looks hand drawn with a sharpie. I bought a pouch like this in a surplus store in the late 80s. Never gave much thought as to its actual origin; maybe just made for the surplus store market.

Terry

milsurp_scout_14

Definitely an aftermarket/ private purchase pouch. These were made by Atlantco, Rothco, and maybe others. Extremely handy, and I have found them on USGI ALICE rigs, but it was never anything issued or procured by the military.

• 1 month later...
El Bibliotecario

It looks 'sort of' like the bag for the M209 encryption machine, but I am baffled as to why anyone would make a copy of such an obscure item.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

It looks 'sort of' like the bag for the M209 encryption machine, but I am baffled as to why anyone would make a copy of such an obscure item.

It does look pretty similar, and is the same size, assuming the belt loop on the OP's is 2 inches tall, that would make the pouch about 7-8inches tall, and the longest dimension of the M209 is 7 inches. It is a fairly basic pouch design though, a main item and some accessories or spare parts. So I think it is totally possible they are unrelated. Good to consider every angle though.

edit: here are newly made ones for sale: http://www.outdoorgear.net/ammo-pouch-w-2-pockets-belt-loops-p-4019.html and https://www.rothco.com/product/rothco-ammo-pouches

post-153751-0-19167200-1542085340.jpg

made by rothco