another KISKA medic on upay

Costa

Here is a side by side of the ones I could find online. What is so cool is that they all appear to have been done by the same hand. Look at the handwriting of the numbers, especially the number 2. They match. The rusting on the whites of the medic panels are consistent throughout. Must have been stored together for many years.

post-131595-0-82348100-1537551902_thumb.jpg

I asked the seller some questions today. He told me that a woman donated the helmet to him (thrift store?). Said that it was her fathers from WWII and it has been kicking around in a box all these years and she had no interest in keeping it. He said that he will try to get the womans name so I can find out who her father was. He lives in a small town apparently. Hopefully that will let us know what unit wore these helmets and what the story is behind them. He also told me that he sold it to a collector in his town and that it was not a backdoor deal. He said he got much more for it than the other one that sold recently on eBay. $4k+

I really dont care what he got for it, the fact remains that there were six bidders on it and it was at $1,100+ when it ended early.

So yes it was a back door deal regardless of where the outside buyer resides.

I was hoping that at $1,100 with 5 days and 22 hours left it was good for the duration.

Anyways, good job on posting pictures of the other numbers. Amazing how they all have the same patina, especially around the panels.

I too would like to know what unit these came from.

I WAS THE 1 THAT HAD THE 1,000.00 BID. I CALLED HIM TOO. HE SAID HE TOOK IT OFF BECAUSE IT WAS GETTING TO HOT! HE TOLD ME HIS TOP OFFER WAS 4.500.00 AND THE SAME STORY ABOUT THE VETS DAUGHTER.

I dont get it. If someone offered me 4500 via backdoor deal, I would assume the lid is worth more than that and let it ride! regardless, 4500 is quite a bit for a helmet with no connection to any soldier/sailor or unit.

if I get the daughters name, I will do some digging and see if I cant make a connection with a WWII vet/unit. Stay tuned

• 2 years later...

This Kiska Medic helmet sold today on ebay #334033143945 for $2,375.00. I don't know why I'm not able to copy and paste a link?

Looks like there are at least 57 of these helmets now. Price is down from the last one that was reportedly sold for $4,500.00.

Hope someone can add the auction pictures?

Ken

Here are the pictures from the auction:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png