My WASP Uniform Collection

Steve D.

On 3/12/2023 at 10:55 AM, Steve D. said:

A recent addition to my WASP collection:  An exercise suit worn by Grey Allison Hoyt 44-W4 during daily

calisthenics. I was also recently able to trade one of my winter santiago blue flight suits for the summer version.

Still looking to buy a summer version dress uniform, or trade for one of my extra winter versions.

274754512_291940496361253_3036683334486095363_n.jpg

This is ridiculously adorable.  Do you know the style or what this could be called?  First one I’ve seen.

6 hours ago, Noelle said:

This is ridiculously adorable.  Do you know the style or what this could be called?  First one I’ve seen.

The official name as listed in the WASP uniform regulations is: Suit Exercise Trainee. 

• 1 year later...

Helen Schaefer's WASP grouping. Helen entered the Civilian Pilots Training Program and later became a WASP.

After the war she rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Air Force Reserve. Her Civilian Pilot wings are the Sterling silver version.

P1013055.JPG

P1013069.JPG

P1013068.JPG

P1013076.JPG

P1013070.JPG

2 hours ago, Steve D. said:

Helen Schaefer's WASP grouping. Helen entered the Civilian Pilots Training Program and later became a WASP.

After the war she rose to the rank of Lt. Colonel in the Air Force Reserve. Her Civilian Pilot wings are the Sterling silver version.

P1013055.JPG

P1013069.JPG

P1013068.JPG

P1013076.JPG

P1013070.JPG

I thought this looked familiar. This used to belong to Jack's Son.  While we know the W.A.S.P. patch with the bug is not a WASP patch, I wonder what happened to the other reunion type patch.   Also looks like the collar insignia was not in this group. 

...Kat

1 hour ago, cutiger83 said:

I thought this looked familiar. This used to belong to Jack's Son.  While we know the W.A.S.P. patch with the bug is not a WASP patch, I wonder what happened to the other reunion type patch.   Also looks like the collar insignia was not in this group. 

...Kat

I have the patch and other documentation in a separate binder.