My WASP Uniform Collection

Steve D.

Wow, this is truly "holy grail" kinds of things for those of us that collect women's military uniforms.

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing it!

Hello Steve D. To say your collection is impressive is an understatement. It's jaw dropping. I would just like to throw my hat in the ring, sort to speak. I am a patternmaker and my latest best interest is making patterns of women's WWII uniforms. Here is my first one - Red Cross. I plan for my next one to be an ETO jacket and trousers, with others after that. I already have a WAC and Red Cross Clubmobile jackets along with some others. I doubt you want to part with any of this, but if you do, I'm interested. I am even interested in "renting" some of the items so I can copy them. This means you get money and also get to keep your uniforms. I also can and do copy headgear. Here is a link to my website along with the Red Cross uniform. I do not harm the garments in any way - I don't have to. I use measurements. In any case, let me know if you could be tempted. Thanks, JoAnn

http://www.lafnmoon.com/product_p/p139.htm

www.lafnmoon.com

I thought I would add why I am doing this. There are some good repros out there but they are expensive and are limited in sizes. Making their own garments allows more women to be able to reenact WWII.

Some of them came directly from the owners. I was fortunate to get my hands on an address book about 30 years ago. I personally wrote letters to about 30 of them. One pair of the Josten wings is inscribed with the WASP's name. I have a beautiful letter that came with the Dress uniform. I'm still looking for a belt to go with the jacket, and am always on the look out to add to the collection.

vintageproductions

Steve- I still see a hat you are missing.

Now you are going to make me feel bad since I know it is missing from your collection.

Bob

• 2 months later...

Recently, I was fortunate enough to aquire additional items for my collection, including a second dress uniform,

purse, and the Santiago Blue wool jeep cap. These items came from another WASP collector and long time friend.

post-6837-0-74472900-1542834490.jpg

post-6837-0-26848600-1542834647.jpg

While I have 3 Josten wings in my collection, unfortunately only one of them are named.

The other two are a perfect match, down to the last detail. I purchased the named pair

directly from the owner.

post-6837-0-32327700-1542834770.jpg

post-6837-0-55217300-1542834840.jpg

Although not an original WWII item, I have one of the WASP rings that were produced after the war by a former

WASP pilot. It is stamped Stering on the inside.

post-6837-0-43068800-1542835134.jpg

post-6837-0-13612400-1542835154.jpg

• 4 weeks later...