What's The Lowest You've Paid For An M1?

RememberThe5thESB

$5. for a clean M1C shell w/ airborne chinstraps. It was propped on a wooden post at a dealer's booth at the Brimfield Antique Flea Market a few years back. End of the day, it had rained, not much of a crowd.

Tom

Ken, do you still have the experimental Hawley? Would love to see some photos of it!

-Grant

Grant, I sold it years ago. I think I might have some pictures of it on an external hard drive. I will see if I can find them.

Ken

A guy paid me $500 to take his mint M-1 helmet out of his home and take it home.

He was lucky I accepted his offer.

I usually only take used ones home.

owen

Curious as to why he didn't just tie the neighbor's cat to it, and toss them in the lake?....Bodes

Back in 1994 I found a FS FB McCord at a local army/navy store in almost mint condition for $19.95. But, my grandparents used to go to garage sale every weekend back in 1970's. There were lots of WW2 items to be found back then apparently. They picked several complete helmet rigs for me, along with a few cartridge belts and backpacks. They never paid over a $1.50 for any one of those items. I still have them, but I no longer have my grandparents....