Hookemhorns88

My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room---Annex

Wonderful collection. I really like the addition of the male and female mannequins that you have added. Very impressive.

David

Thanks.

My next endeavor is to put the flight suit that is hanging on the door on a full mannequin outfitted as ready for a flight.

It always looks like there is more room than there really is. Would like to get a few more full-sized mannequins.

Very impressive collection. Everything is fantastically placed for display.

Always interested in WW2 or Korean War helmets and uniforms from the 3rd infantry division.

Love the double uniform rack, I wish I had a lower one also. How tall Is that clothes rack?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

donation2016.gif

donation2017.gif

Love the double uniform rack, I wish I had a lower one also. How tall Is that clothes rack?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The racks are 66" tall x 45" long x 19" deep. I picked them up at Walmart. There are no IKEA's anywhere near where I live for something a bit sturdier but these do OK. They do lean a bit once a nice load is put on them. Ike jackets hang on them OK however the 4-pocket jackets are a bit long for them so they bunch up a little on the bottom.

That is rather a museum than a collection room! Really nice to see that collections like this are shown because it really is motivating to other collectors like my to try to have the same high standards!

If I see high end collections like yours I cant stop wondering were you find these classy uniforms... I try to find me some USAAF uniforms and look at Ebay and the know dealers and dont find anything ?

That is rather a museum than a collection room! Really nice to see that collections like this are shown because it really is motivating to other collectors like my to try to have the same high standards!

If I see high end collections like yours I cant stop wondering were you find these classy uniforms... I try to find me some USAAF uniforms and look at Ebay and the know dealers and dont find anything ?

Thanks for the kind comments. Many of the uniforms came directly from this forum. Others I have picked up here and there from estate sales to being gifted by others who know that I collect WW2 memorabilia and they want their items enjoyed by others.

The content here is 20+ years of collecting.

Here is a link to my original collection room which is upstairs in my house. I will eventually fold the two topic threads into one.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/197764-my-wwii-a-little-bit-of-everything-collection-war-room/

I love your combat fatigue mannequin in the center. All else, well, dress uniforms are dime a dozen and survived the ages fine- combat fatigues another story, much harder to find.....add some period dated bullets and a Mk 2 grenade, bayonet and then you have me jealous.

Been a couple years since I’ve checked your collection out...very, very impressive indeed

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/