Hookemhorns88

My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room---Annex

You have a great collection. Very nice in order you have done. So clean. Who vacuums and dusts you or your wife ?

My stuff; my job!

I always thought I had alot of uniforms (like 20 give or take), but your wide assortment of uniforms and displays takes the cake, Can you show off the 97th and TD ones you have and I am a huge TD guy and 97th (I think I told you about that)

Details of the 97th Ike. This uniform is named and came as a grouping so I have photos, vet bring backs, and paperwork with this uniform. He was a medic in the 303rd IR.

post-147204-0-80703300-1556164348_thumb.jpgpost-147204-0-00825200-1556164371.jpg

post-147204-0-99014300-1556164384.jpg

Will provide the TD photos later.

Details of the 97th Ike. This uniform is named and came as a grouping so I have photos, vet bring backs, and paperwork with this uniform. He was a medic in the 303rd IR.

attachicon.gifPicture25.jpgattachicon.gifPicture26.jpg

attachicon.gifPicture27.jpg

Will provide the TD photos later.

I do remember seeing this and talking about it with you originally, It was a beautiful grouping and I love the 97th, they are underrated and not as well known as some of the iconic divisions of the war. My Grandfather was in B Company of the 387th IR before being transferred out to the 475th IR in late 44 when the 97th was stripped of a couple thousand soldiers if my memory serves correct.

Where did you get the silver and black clothing racks?

Awesome room! Paul

Home Alive in 45

WWII Research

Website coming soon

2 million Army and AAF names and counting!

Paul,

They came from Walmart. You have to be careful with how many uniforms that you put on them as they will start to lean away from the shelfed in end. What I did to counter the lean was to put them end to end so that they will lean in to each other. I tie-wrapped them together to make them act as one. If I had more space I would not put so many uniforms on each one.

Thanks for your compliment.

Fantastic!! Can we get closer shots of the airborne officer thats on the floor next to a rack?

Very impressive display.....but you said " alittle of everything".....where is the Ordnance?

Fantastic!! Can we get closer shots of the airborne officer thats on the floor next to a rack?

Unfortunately it has not been ID'd. It came out of the Canton, Ohio area.

post-147204-0-92335500-1558910859_thumb.jpg

“I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know the artillery did.” When he uttered these words, GEN George S. Patton was clearly indulging himself in one of the larger than life exaggerations for which he is so famous. Still, there is more than a little truth in what he said. The U.S. field artillery did, in fact, cause the largest number of casualties among enemy soldiers during World War II. Yet it seems that the “King of Battle,” does not always receive full and proper recognition of its contributions in winning the war.

That said, amazing collection you have preserved....

“I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know the artillery did.” When he uttered these words, GEN George S. Patton was clearly indulging himself in one of the larger than life exaggerations for which he is so famous. Still, there is more than a little truth in what he said. The U.S. field artillery did, in fact, cause the largest number of casualties among enemy soldiers during World War II. Yet it seems that the “King of Battle,” does not always receive full and proper recognition of its contributions in winning the war.

That said, amazing collection you have preserved....

My great-uncle, for whom I can credit for getting me started collecting, was a medic in the 15th FA Battalion with the 2nd ID when he initially signed up in 1937. He saw combat in the War as a medic with the 103rd ID before transferring to the 5th ID.

He finally retired from the military in the early '60's.

That 41 is very nice

owen

Owen,

I have been toying with the idea of doing a CBI set-up. But for now I will stick with the primary theme of the ETO/MTO. The 41 was gifted to me along with a WWI DSC serial number 216.

Liking the 70th Div jacket!

As ''Trailblazers'' let us blaze a trail that will go down in the annals of history!

Always looking for WW2 70th ID items!

My collection has grown a bit so I elected to change to a different room in the house that has a bit more space. And before everyone gets excited I do have black-out curtains coming for the windows.

Thanks to the many Forum members providing me some quality uniforms this past year. The uniforms presented here are all ETO/MTO units.

I still have my room upstairs that is my miscellaneous room of WWII items which is covered in a separate topic in DISPLAYS. Will probably eventually create a new topic that combines the two rooms.

Enjoy.

post-147204-0-79444300-1577378346_thumb.jpg

post-147204-0-76946600-1577378365_thumb.jpg

Wonderful collection. I really like the addition of the male and female mannequins that you have added. Very impressive.

David