Hookemhorns88

My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room---Annex

Hi - not a problem and thanks for replying.

I have quite a few US jackets myself and the ETO jackets have always been a mystery... perhaps someone somewhere will have the answer.

I have outgrown my "annex" room and have moved my uniform collection to another, larger room, in my house. I still have my original War Room upstairs with miscellaneous items. I will take updated photos of it in the next couple of weeks and post them in the other original topic entitled "My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room".

For now here is the new "annex". Many of the uniforms presented here are from Forum members. My gratitude to them for the opportunity to expand my collection and to display the uniforms for the enjoyment of others. Unlike my other room and hallway, I am going to refrain from hanging a lot of items on the walls. I also have plans to cover the windows better to diffuse the natural light coming in.

I am presently on the look out for a Field Desk to put in the room and plan to outfit it as one would see in the field.

There is close to 100 uniforms on the racks and mannequins.

Entrance to the room.

post-147204-0-50691200-1556083430.jpg

post-147204-0-54350300-1556083519_thumb.jpg

post-147204-0-99532200-1556083622.jpg

I always thought I had alot of uniforms (like 20 give or take), but your wide assortment of uniforms and displays takes the cake, Can you show off the 97th and TD ones you have and I am a huge TD guy and 97th (I think I told you about that)

You have a great collection. Very nice in order you have done. So clean. Who vacuums and dusts you or your wife ?

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Collecting Marine Raider Groups

On the battlefield, Pfc Edward Ahrens, an Able Company BAR man, lay dying, soaked in his own blood.

As his company commander, Lew Walt cradled him in his arms, he surveyed the scene around them. Nearby lay a Japanese officer, a sergeant, and thirteen enlisted men, all dead. Ahrens had been shot twice in the chest and bayoneted three times. He whispered to Walt, "Captain, they tried to come over me last night, but I don't think they made it." Choking back tears, Walt replied softly, "They didn't, Eddy. They didn't."

I always thought I had alot of uniforms (like 20 give or take), but your wide assortment of uniforms and displays takes the cake, Can you show off the 97th and TD ones you have and I am a huge TD guy and 97th (I think I told you about that)

Will take some additional photos at first opportunity. Despite there being a lot of 7th Army patches on the LH sleeve the actual combat patches on the RH varies on these uniforms.

interesting, I do have to say like its legit impressive collection you amassed including a 99th ID officer uniform (been on the lookout for that division). Really Impressice all around and I like how you displayed the nicer ones

interesting, I do have to say like its legit impressive collection you amassed including a 99th ID officer uniform (been on the lookout for that division). Really Impressice all around and I like how you displayed the nicer ones

Thanks for the comments.

The 99th also has a 1st ID SSI as a combat patch on the RH sleeve. I received that grouping from the veteran's son.

The available mannequins dictate what uniforms I can display. I have some on the racks that I would prefer to display but they will not fit on the forms.

What is the lowest size that fits on a mannequin? I have a officer uniform that's a 35R from a 8th AF Navigator but i don't know if there's a mannequin that will fit that. Which ones from the rack would you like to display?

The lowest size depends on the size of the mannequin. Most mannequins that I come across are newer hence they are larger in size. Most of the uniforms that I have displayed are 38 or larger. May have one or two 36's displayed. Certainly no 35's. I have one female mannequin that is smaller that I am using. I padded it strategically once I had the uniform on it to eliminate the female form.

The lowest size depends on the size of the mannequin. Most mannequins that I come across are newer hence they are larger in size. Most of the uniforms that I have displayed are 38 or larger. May have one or two 36's displayed. Certainly no 35's. I have one female mannequin that is smaller that I am using. I padded it strategically once I had the uniform on it to eliminate the female form.

Thanks for the info then because theres a few nice ones that are small but yea... I kinda need to display the bigger ones then. How did you pad up the female ones to make it look like a male

Wow! Great collection and like the others have said, very nicely done. :)