My WWII A Little Bit of Everything Collection War Room---Annex

Back in 2014 I presented my then collection in a similarly titled topic less the Annex. Since that time I have outgrown that room and have since taken over my daughter's old room. She has since graduated from college and moved out so I moved some of my collection into the vacated space. The original War Room still exists. I will post some updates of it hopefully some time next week. But for now here is the Annex. It is predominately my uniform room. Thanks to some of the Forum members I have been able to grow my uniform collection with mainly ETO uniforms.

If you have any questions or desire closer photos please let me know.

The view when you enter the room.

post-147204-0-31184100-1537191789_thumb.jpg

Armored Division uniforms on the rack. Various units on the mannequins. All of the Nazi flags and banners were bring backs by my great-uncle who was a medic in the 103rd ID. The Nazi flag on the right is also the same flag that is featured in the small black and white photo to its right. That is a picture of my great-uncle holding it up during the War on the bank of the Danube River.

post-147204-0-52152200-1537192053_thumb.jpg

post-147204-0-59678700-1537192105_thumb.jpg

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How come the top shelf of the foot locker looks so neat and orderly, while mine is rather over crowded? Great selection of uniforms. Totally agree with daskrieg as sunlight is a killer! Hope to see more of your collection. Thanks for showing. Jack

donation2007.gifdonation2014.gif

The diffused sunlight will actually fade uniforms, photos and documents my suggestion would be to cover the window completely I actually have a wool blanket (military) and a flag covering that to block all my window the only light that gets in that room is the artificial light from the ceiling

Dwayne

Awesome room! Maybe a little jealous!

Would love to see more of jacket with blood chits

Actively collecting:

13th USAAF uniforms and groups/medal groups!

307th BG, 5th BG, 11th BG, 42nd BG

Also looking for:

WWII Far East Air Force uniforms/groups!

Any Pacific Army Air Force Groups to 5th, 7th, 10th, 14th, 20th AAF

Collecting CBI and ATC Pacific Army Air Force groups

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifmsg-24355-0-77312200-1449362814.gif

USMF's custom photo resize tool:http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

Fantastic collection of uniforms - well done.

I have a question which you might be able to help out with... you say that these are ETO uniforms - and I get that completely because they are. But - I cannot see any actual "ETO" pattern jackets.

I live in the UK and over the years I have bought two patterns - model 1 and model 2 of an ETO jacket (both well labelled and made in England in 1944)... and recently I managed to pick up two very battered examples of each model from a French dealer for 5 euros each because he honestly did not know what they were.

I guess not many "ETO's" made it back to the States and I hardly ever see them in collections or for sale in the US - so my question is this:- Who was actually issued the US ETO jackets in England and did they see service on D-day and beyond in Europe... and do you know of any that are still badged that made it back to the US ?

I just wondered if someone might have the answer. Again - great collection.