Numrich Gun Parts M1 helmets

daskrieg

Has anyone purchased the M1 helmets from Numrich? I did and I am asking if anyone knows who these helmets were issued too, I believe they are not American and before I cut off the chin straps I would like to ID them, who knows they could be rare or just a standard helmet. they are simply listed as US GI post WWII helmets with complete liner, plus they are really cheap..

any help is appreciated.. Dwayne

the whisky drinker

From what I can make out from the photo available the helmet appears to be a Euro clone, especially the liner, maybe Danish or Dutch?

I'm by no means an expert, but I'm more than sure that someone will be along soon with a positive answer.

Has anyone purchased the M1 helmets from Numrich? I did and I am asking if anyone knows who these helmets were issued too, I believe they are not American and before I cut off the chin straps I would like to ID them, who knows they could be rare or just a standard helmet. they are simply listed as US GI post WWII helmets with complete liner, plus they are really cheap..

any help is appreciated.. Dwayne

Be best to post pictures here.May get more input especially on the one you purchased.

I've bought two (cheap and really cheap), one liner was definitely Euro-clone, other one was USGI, but beat up with a repaired crack. The shells both were USGI. one set of straps did not look right.

Worth what you pay for them.

I took pictures but every time I try to post to the forum for any reason it tells me the pics are too big and yep once again too big. I only paid $15 for each so no big deal, both are some sort of paratroop liner but I think the shells are GI.

Some of the Numrich M1 helmets are Spanish, probably including the airborne type. I have come across some Spanish jump helmets that seem to have original US shells, albeit heavily repaired/repainted.

milsurp_scout_14

I've ordered two of the $15 ones, and both were what I believed to be French airborne versions, fully rigged. I've attached a pic of the inside; both were exactly the same. I did not inspect the shell for a heat stamp, but it did not feel like it was US made. The Israeli ones they have on there might be something, but I've never 'played the lotto' on those.

post-153911-0-50383100-1536987478.jpg

Well there she is the same rig i received, I looked and both mine have stamps on the shells( i just cannot make out the whole number) does your liner have big ugly rivets holding the suspension in?

One has silver the other black rivets. As one who hate to ruin anything old so do you think i would be ruining the shells by cutting off the chinstraps?

One has silver the other black rivets. As one who hate to ruin anything old so do you think i would be ruining the shells by cutting off the chinstraps?

yes, I think you would be ruining it by cutting off the straps, it will still be a fake US helmet if you try to convert it to something else

I collect foreign clones of the M1 used by other countries, these Spanish M65's use to be rare in the US

Point taken... well then I guess I have two helmets I really have no use for butt they will be put away more junk in the collection...lol. Thanks for the push in the right direction

Bolo:

I just read the Spanish helmets do not have a protected rim mine actually have them rims protected are you sure I would have Spanish helmets

Bolo:

I just read the Spanish helmets do not have a protected rim mine actually have them rims protected are you sure I would have Spanish helmets

they used both types, plus they would also recycle US helmets to make their own helmet, the Israelis, Germans, Dutch, etc also did the same

some were recycled / relined surplus US, and some were made by them, it's common to find a mixture of pieces on these types of sets.

• 1 year later...

Greetings, I do not know which helmet opens the start post but the one that publishes milsurp is a helmet m1 used by the Spanish paratrooper brigade, this belongs to the PM military police, (Policia Militar) it is usual to paint or mark the helmets on the edge of the liner with the colors of the companies, these helmets are original m1c received in the mid-50s with the help received from the United States, when they began to be damaged by the intensive use they have been given (these helmets have been on duty for more than 30 years) , the problem of the difficulty to find spare parts was found, so it was easier to invent a new suspension system with local manufacturing materials, the same happened with the liners finding them of German manufacture, these helmets were used by paratroopers until 1987 year In which the new Kevlar Mars helmets were received, the suspension system and straps may seem rough and strange but it was very effective and resistant.
M65 helmets were not used by paratroopers due to their fragility and poor resistance

post-281068-0-57393400-1579468812.jpg

post-281068-0-02380900-1579468821.jpg

• 1 year later...

Lot of M1 helmets for Spanish paratroopers with different colors from different companies, one of them has the liner of a modified M65 but with the pot of an M1 since the M65's are too small and fragile.

The cover is the original and last one that was used in the unit until the arrival of the kevlar helmet.

The rest are images of the museum of the unit in Madrid, these are the first as they arrived before the modifications of the suspensions, one of them has a bullet hole from the ifni war

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 19.00.24.jpeg

casco para m1 2.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 19.00.23.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 19.01.33 (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 19.01.34.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2021-02-10 at 19.01.33.jpeg

These covers were used by the marines before the arrival of the woodland, curiously they were not made uniforms, only helmet and backpack covers, These covers were adapted to the Fedur m65 helmet of Spanish manufacture, the helmet pot is slightly smaller than the original M1 and less resistant, the paratroopers did not use it despite the fact that there is erroneous information that if they did, the covers were loose on these helmets and they got dented in testing, they scrapped it and kept using the old M1c's from the early 50's

a1.jpg