1944 Tweedie tent

Wally76

I came home from work today, and my Mother was here when i got home visiting with the kids. We talked for a while, and before she leaves she says oh yeah, your uncle Red found an old tent in the rafters of your Grandmothers barn. He told me to bring it to you, that you might like to have it. After she leaves i pull it out of the bag, and it smells awful. Like vomit. Ive never seen a tent like it. I look it over and find a US stamp. After more combing over i find Tweedie 1944. Armed with that i go to google. Looks like its a Mountain Division tent?

Im going to set it up tomorrow so that i can get better pictures of it. Anyway im hoping some experts here can tell me more about it.

post-179275-0-42252500-1536801684_thumb.jpeg

post-179275-0-69690300-1536801950_thumb.jpeg

They do have a unique smell to them. I stopped at a yard sale once and could smell one as soon as I got out of my car. It didn't take long to find it.

They do have a unique smell to them. I stopped at a yard sale once and could smell one as soon as I got out of my car. It didn't take long to find it.

:lol:

About 20 years ago the surplus store in Ames Iowa still had a half dozen or so new old stock.They had "the smell"

Lady who was the owner had a store in Colorado Springs too and the mountain gear seem to gravitate to the Ames store