RS SB With Unknown Markings

Nickman983

The Rooster

Thanks for looking into this a bit. I'm thinking that the marking in the picture is that of the 36th infantry division. I'm seeing a rough arrowhead rather than a triangle

I've considered that the marking on my helmet is a very crude 36th insignia but I'm not convinced that is the case duw to the coloring of the markings on my helmet.

In any case thanks for taking the time to look into this!

Youre welcome nickman. Its a tough one.. I hope you find out what it is..

Could be someone wasnt good at drawing..? just made a triangle. Maybe in a hurry?

Nickman983

Youre welcome nickman. Its a tough one.. I hope you find out what it is..

Could be someone wasnt good at drawing..? just made a triangle. Maybe in a hurry?

Yea, I've considered that, I'm just not sure how likely it is that this is the case.

The Rooster

My lid w the upside triangle came in. Theres a name and social in it and a laundry mark. All on the linside of the pot.

All I can find is that the Man was a Vietnam vet from West Virginia died at 66.

I dont know if its even him for sure. And I cant find any unit info.

I really hope you can ID your helmet Nickman88. I looked through army hearldry like im sure you did.

Nothin. I'l keep my eyes open.

Nickman983

My lid w the upside triangle came in. Theres a name and social in it and a laundry mark. All on the linside of the pot.

All I can find is that the Man was a Vietnam vet from West Virginia died at 66.

I dont know if its even him for sure. And I cant find any unit info.

I really hope you can ID your helmet Nickman88. I looked through army hearldry like im sure you did.

Nothin. I'l keep my eyes open.

Glad to hear your helmet has some identifying information on it. Hopefully in time you'll be able to find more information on the vet though until Vietnam service records are accessable to the public that may be difficult. I know I've got a veitnam/post veitnam era naval helmet with a full name/ASN on the liners sweat band that I haven't been able to find anything on.

In any case thanks for keeping an eye out for markings similar to the one on my helmet. I'm still hopeful I'll eventually figure it out but I think chances are that this helmet will keep it's secrets