Halloween Warning Order 2018

easterneagle87

easterneagle87

OK, YA'LL! It's that time of year....again.

Not like you AREN'T already doing it, but it's that special time of year to hit those retailers (Goodwill, Salvation Army, St. Vinnie DePaul, etc) who put out uniforms and call the "costumes" .

Sooooo …..Go save them from Billy Nose Picker and the Goth Hoard. Who's with me?!!

Hit my haunts today and here's what was hanging at my local GW.

Good luck! and Good HUNTING!!

Don't ask me why the photo is side ways!

P.S. be sure to post your finds and envious acquisitions!

post-9131-0-21329600-1536721567_thumb.jpg

FlyingTigers03

Already scored with a fully badged and named Nam era army class A from goodwill for $8. There's still good stuff out there. Good hunting everyone.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Already scored with a fully badged and named Nam era army class A from goodwill for $8. There's still good stuff out there. Good hunting everyone.

Nice one!

I did a sprint and hit 6 Goodwills before my shop opened on Saturday I found a WWII USN marked poncho, USN pith helmet, a modern navy digi cam, and several 4 pocket uniforms!

My friend went later and got a Russian helmet and 10 pocket ammo belt, so you have to keep on checking!

milsurp_scout_14

Did a 25-store marathon about 2 weeks ago and ended up buying about 25 pieces. Many different camo patterns--multicam, DBDU, late 70's ERDL, WW2 RCAF/USAAF dress uniform, a few M65's, lots of 1970s OD 107 & 507, etc. All I found was uniforms--the gear here is about non-existent. If you're after UCP digital or woodland you'll find enough to outfit an army.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Hit up some stores, very little military stuff, just some common modern stuff, overpriced. I did buy an 1953 Mirro Canteen for $1.

It must just be my area (the south-east) but the thrift stores never put out military stuff around halloween. I hit goodwill, Am-Vets, Salvation Army etc and all I ever find is a random BDU or hunting shirt and they'll want $10-15 for them....

Local second hand store has some military helmets.....The gal working wouldn't sell anything though until the owner set prices...Hadn't heard back, so I called them...He figures he's going to keep them....Not a big loss, one is a post-WW2 British tommy helmet used by the Belgians....Another is a British WW2 motorcycle dispatch helmet....Otherwise, things are slow at goodwill/salvation stores...Since goodwill has been doing online auctions, the locating of military items at their outlet stores has slowed...Bodes

Saxecoburg, Ive run into the same problem here in FL. Most Goodwill or Salvation Army stores here never have any military clothing etc., or want way too much for a stripped BDU here or there.

Found a mint-condition Belgian M1 clone liner for $4 at the Goodwill across the street from me this week, another one had a few beat up woodland M65s, BDUs, and some officer hats but nothing really worth it.

Inspired by this thread, I stopped at a couple of Goodwills today and found...nothing military. But did find a foot square display box for 4 bucks. It needs a little work, but I promise to put something military in it once I fix it up.

Mikie

About 2 years ago I found what I believe was a browning 1919 250 round belt that from World War 2 at a Goodwill. It was 10$ and simply labeled "belt". Given the length and obvious differences from an actual belt I have to wonder how this mistake ever occurred.

Yep. Need to check out my local goodwill again. Found a nice 1990s 1st Armored BDU heavy jacket at my local store that I wear during the winters. Maybe I can find something more. Happy hunting!

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

Nice one Kammo Man, glad your friend has already found his Halloween costume for this year! I usually procrastinate until a week before Halloween.

way ahead of you sir...found a new set of green jungle boots $20, ww2 wool M-38 enlisted mans over coat in like new condition for $17, countless tan tee shirts ,many M-34 wool blankets and woodland BDU's.. also have the free worlds last known supply of trioxane heat tabs I got for free from a thrift store..vince g. 11B Inf.

Government Issue

@kammo-man any more pictures of that killer jump coat? I'm curious what the patch is above the left breast pocket.

This is one of my favorite threads of the year. Keep it up people!

Found a NOS jungle jacket in small short earlier this week along with some modern stuff to resell on eBay. Unfortunately the local thrift stores have gotten smart and saved all the military items for Halloween and hiked the prices by about 10% or more. Even worse, several of them actually remember me as that guy that comes every week in September and October. I guess that's what happens after playing the Halloween rack lottery for 4 years straight.

I found these today. I'm not sure if they are military or not (worst case probably police).

1_front-1-423x960.jpg
2_back-1-463x960.jpg
3_tag-1140x960.jpg
open_pocket-763x960.jpg
waist_adj-1140x802.jpg

It's very similar to a standard BDU, except for the little "knife pocket" and the velcro closing all the pocket flaps. The velcro is very similar to the one on my SEAL raven goretex pants.

Anyone know if any "interesting" unit could have used them, and when?