Halloween Warning Order 2018

easterneagle87

Private purchase cotton sateen with the late 50s to early 60s stamped/inked name tapes.

5th Army sector at this time was the mid west.Its a merrowed edge patch as well.Not a clue why its on a USAF shirt unless there was a reason for the person to be assignrd to the 5th

Private purchase cotton sateen with the late 50s to early 60s stamped/inked name tapes.

5th Army sector at this time was the mid west.Its a merrowed edge patch as well.Not a clue why its on a USAF shirt unless there was a reason for the person to be assignrd to the 5th

And a very curious one indeed, those tapes, stenciled on White web are early 60s, worn before the White on Blue ones became standard in like 1965 or so, note too the merrowed edged 5th Army patch, something really seen starting in around mid 1968. One guess is this shirt may have been worn by a Air Force Reservist who continued to wear this shirt well into the 60s with out bothering to upgrade with the new tapes, he or his unit under 5th Army in some capacity, as Armies controlled many reserve units in the 60s, Corps too, till the mid-sh 68 when all the Corps were inactivated except the main Tactical Combat Corps, IE I Corps, III Corps, V Corps, VII Corps and the XVIII Airborne Corps, and that one administrative Corps of the Regular Army on Okinawa, IX Corps .

I haven't been finding much of anything at the Goodwill Stores during Halloween for a number of years now. I decided to walk in to one of the Goodwill Stores and found this USN leather flyers jacket on the regular clothing rack for $31.00. Based on the tag I believe this is a 1971 dated jacket per the information on this previous post:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/187964-g-1-jacket-question/?hl=%2Bflyers+%2Bjacket&do=findComment&comment=1458807

post-1389-0-35704300-1540761337_thumb.jpg

I've found a few things this year at various stores, this may be my best find this year. Was out and finally found something at the Goodwill that is about a half a mile from me, five years of living here and going religiously it produced one nugget. With a small price tag of $2.99 she was coming home with me, even though there was no name a few loose stiches. As I'm standing in line, I remember that in my pocket was a coupon for 50% off one item under twenty bucks. She sure is was cheap date!

post-5665-0-70745000-1540817149_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

That's a great WAC hat!

I scored an M1 shell and liner (CAPAC) and an additional Westinghouse liner at the junk store while traveling this weekend. Both got listed over on the "E" site, to help me pay for my trip..

post-9131-0-61405300-1540849926_thumb.jpg

That's a great WAC hat!

I scored an M1 shell and liner (CAPAC) and an additional Westinghouse liner at the junk store while traveling this weekend. Both got listed over on the "E" site, to help me pay for my trip..

It's not a WAC Hobbie hat, but a nurse's dress cap....And yes, what a great find at a wonderful price, Bodes

07b40673a3f37a91f0d2f7ff36d502f6.jpg57c0bd32fff31d51742c003127fcaa26.jpg

Lots of WW2 wool

With some KW

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wished my goodwill looked like that! Best thing I ever found was some modern OCP camouflage trousers which I left behind because they were like $13 and I decided it wasn't worth it.

Hunt

easterneagle87

I mean Hobby hat...Bodes

Never knew there was a difference. Since Nurses were officers and so were some WAC's, did they were the same hat? OR... could they've worn the same hat?

Also wore a version of a piped overseas cap.

The visor cap came in beige also and dress blue.

The overseas cap replaced the Hobby hat, as they weren't well liked by the women....Bodes

Thanks,

Glad a slow season ended on a pretty good note. This find will be the catalyst to reinvigorate me for next year.

It's not a WAC Hobbie hat, but a nurse's dress cap....And yes, what a great find at a wonderful price, Bodes

easterneagle87

Ok folks! This has been a FUN and SUCCESSFUL season.

Some of us filled our tags, some of us filled our bags, some got some good lookie loos and in the end we all had NOTHING to lose!

Mount your trophies and tell your stories. Ya'll be good and we'll do this all again next year. Until then...

Looks like I was a little late to the party, Ive been too busy with school lately to post recently and decided it would be easiest to do it all at once but it has been a pretty good season. I added many new uniforms to my collection. Some of the most intresting examples have been an unknown era warrent officer uniform with pins still and hat included. I think it may be 50's era because it is made of wool but I am not sure. Additionally 1974 dated m1 liner and a 1948 dated pith helmet. also an interesting female LT. commander chaplains uniform with bullion crosses.

post-193671-0-15692600-1541219271.png

post-193671-0-85034700-1541219286.png

post-193671-0-26786300-1541219315.png