Halloween Warning Order 2018

easterneagle87

I think it's a repro

Snaps do look rather new in the pictures, but don't know why somebody would bother adding pockets to the backside of a copy (except perhaps for reenacting).....There are however known originals found with extra ones (pockets) applied....Bodes

Found this today at the local Salvation Army. I’m almost certain it’s WWII era but have no idea what type of jacket it is. If someone knows please feel free to share!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

easterneagle87

Here's my latest contribution.

* 4 Army overseas hats: (1) plain dark wool, (1) w/Yellow & White piping - khaki, (1)

w/Maroon & White piping - dark wool and (1) w/Dark red & White piping - dark wool. Got each for $2.25!

* Theater Fighting knife made from a Japanese bayo

* Alaska Command lighter

post-9131-0-69940200-1537821372_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Would like to confirm the branches of the piped hats:

** w/Yellow & White piping - Cav?

** w/Maroon & White piping - Medical

** w/Dark red & White piping - Engineering?

post-9131-0-08754600-1537822020_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

It may be orange, which would be Sigs. I'll have to compare it some Air Corps (blue / orange) one I have. It just doesn't pop as orange. It is laundry stamped R-4438.

Then just a quick question. I have gathered these piped hats off and on over the years. Do the combat branches: INF, ARTY CAV have solid piping and Support branches have color/white piping?

Found this today at the local Salvation Army. Im almost certain its WWII era but have no idea what type of jacket it is. If someone knows please feel free to share!

f18b7fba188bd8b4d404b32086259efe.jpg

89c268925bb0355398d3cb593e5dffdc.jpg

Looks like an officer's overcoat.....If so, there should be a tag in the neck and one in a pocket.....The one in the pocket would give pattern and manufacturing date.....Does it have a belt?....Bodes

Hoping to hit two stores in my area tomorrow and Wednesday ill post if I find anything! In August I went to a goodwill nearby when I was visiting some relatives of mind and only found some fatigue caps from the 80's hoping to find some cool stuff this time around!

Hunt

See post #5 for another OD 3rd Pattern Mackinaw one in OD 7. Your's by the way mike looks unissued, good snag.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/1771-m38-m41-m43-mackinaws/

I was very shocked to find this especially in this condition. Would it be a bad idea to have it dry cleaned before adding it to my collection room. Would getting it cleaned damage it at all since it is unissued.

I was very shocked to find this especially in this condition. Would it be a bad idea to have it dry cleaned before adding it to my collection room. Would getting it cleaned damage it at all since it is unissued.

I wouldn't take the risk, cleaners can accidentally damage items handling them or lose them, so I just leave them as is when I purchase them. I actually like the smell of moth balls now, as well as I have become quite nose blind to the smell so it doesn't bother me at all really. If it really stinks though you can leave it outside and let it air out a bit, but otherwise I'd just leave it as is.

Good find though, at a goodwill no less!

Hunt

It looks as clean as it can be. ready for the closet/display rack, or the dummy.

easterneagle87

I wouldn't take the risk, cleaners can accidentally damage items handling them or lose them, so I just leave them as is when I purchase them. I actually like the smell of moth balls now, as well as I have become quite nose blind to the smell so it doesn't bother me at all really. If it really stinks though you can leave it outside and let it air out a bit, but otherwise I'd just leave it as is.

Good find though, at a goodwill no less!

Hunt

Kind of typical for GW, my local had a pair of sage green AF extreme cold weather gloves for $35. But... on a different rack I found a pair of WW2 Aircrew/Bomber gloves/mittens for $8. If it's not obvious, then it's a score for us!

Nice finds guys! This inspired me to check out some thrift shops in my area, and while Goodwill did not seem to have anything I did find a fairly nice USMC Bolo scabbard marked 45 at another "thrift shop". Its not in the greatest condition since it looks like someone bent the heck out of the hanger for some reason but the leather is solid and I guess I can try to fix that. If anyone has any suggestions on how to reshape it besides simply brute force I would appreciate it because I am having some trouble risking damaging it.

post-193671-0-29998900-1537992564.png

post-193671-0-18070300-1537992579.png

easterneagle87

Took my buddy out yesterday. I found these at GW. General officers pants. There is a name written. I guessed at a couple of the letters. Here's what I got.

John Philip Abizaid (born April 1, 1951) is a retired United States Army general and former U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) commander, overseeing American military operations in a 27-country region, from the Horn of Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, to South and Central Asia, covering much of the Middle East.

I am not claiming these are even his, but....

I've put them up on ebay, maybe I'll do ok.

post-9131-0-95636100-1538007522_thumb.jpg

easterneagle87

Took my buddy out yesterday. I found these at GW. General officers pants. There is a name written. I guessed at a couple of the letters. Here's what I got.

John Philip Abizaid (born April 1, 1951) is a retired United States Army general and former U.S. Central Command (CENTCOM) commander, overseeing American military operations in a 27-country region, from the Horn of Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, to South and Central Asia, covering much of the Middle East.

Shot of signature;

post-9131-0-59514800-1538007591_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bodes that seems like really good advice.

And wow, if it is real that's a heck of a find. I wonder how they could have possibly ended up in a goodwill if they were his.