Greetings from Belgium

CW_Guy

Hello everybody, I live in the city of Ghent in Belgium,

My collection is

US Civil war handguns and swords, some accoutrements

US indian wars M1881 full dress helmets, M1872 shoulder knots, accoutrements, swords

I am looking forward to learn from the forum,members

post-192190-0-38791500-1536496848_thumb.jpegpost-192190-0-59226700-1536496870_thumb.jpeg

Wow!! You have an awesome collection. Fascinating that people from other parts of the world are into our history as much(if not more) than we are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A US Civil War collector in Belgium! Wonderful! Welcome to the forum. We could use some more Civil War stuff here. Any special reason that you picked this as your subject?

Mikie

No no special reason, I always had a weakness for the US military history, starting out of course in WW2 items, and changed over to the 19th century history, as most of the collectors in Belgium are in the WW1 and WW2 area, I wanted to collect something different and something I like, so grew into the Civil War and Indian war, I visited quite a lot of Civil War batllefields and musea in the states already and just love taking my holidays to visit these places.

The city I live in is Ghent, this is also related to US military history as the treaty of Ghent wich ended the 1812 war was signed here in Ghent.